Skip to main content

Winter ABC Day 7: My Life is App-solutely Perfect

We deserve a life simple enough to tackle the complex.

And life is complex!

My mobile phone is a moving office. I'm always caught in between sending emails, creating content, messaging and blogging. If I could divide the workspace on my phone, there would be three specific categories. Inspiration, work and mental canvas. Confused? Let me break it down even more.

Inspiration includes applications that set and pace my mood to be creative. These would include audio and video apps as well as games. Work is obvious...work! These apps include social media networks because I need to distribute content from websites. And finally the mental canvas which is the space where I jot down ideas. That means all the apps that functions as notepads.

It's bring and share your five favourite apps. I didn't need to think much because my life would totally sucks without these five below.

1. OneNote

As a writer and content creator there is a constant need to take down notes. I love putting my thoughts and ideas down as well as organise them. OneNote is functional because I can work from any device for as long as my content is backed up.

2. Canva

Don't have designing skills yet hold an eye for the aesthetic? Or maybe you want to design on the go but you don't have your laptop with you. Canva is the cheat sheet to amazing social media posts. The app offers a range of designs for various social media platforms. You can create cool images within minutes, depending on your speed to design. I would absolutely get rid of other apps to make space for Canva.

3. WordPress

This one is very obvious parce que I'm a blogger. Strangely I haven't moved my personal blog to WP however for most of my blogging work, this is the application that saves my life and time.

4. Podcasts

In as much as I love talking a lot, I enjoy listening to others even more. The podcast app functions as my inspiration, work and mental canvas. For the last part, I get ideas from the talking points in various episodes.

5. Deezer

I love my music. It's so therapeutic and inspiring. Some of you may know of the story of king Saul in the Bible.  He is the king who disobeyed God to the point that the announcing left him. An evil, tormenting spirit came upon him that needed music to soothe his mood. Anyway the point is that this app helps get me in the right mood. It has a collection of most of my favourite music from around the world. A girl's got to get her inspiration right?

What would my life be without the 'big five'? Okay, I guess but why live without these apps? I function highly well and would recommend the first three for content creators. When you can simplify your life, you can enjoy creating and sharing.

App-solute perfection is what we need to make the world go round.

P.S. Always write your own love story!

Ciao!

Lady E

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...

MTV VMA Review: Missy Elliott, Supa Dupa Fly!

Yaaaas queen! Joy overwhelmed me by just watching Missy Elliott's MTV VMA performance. It's been 16 years since Missy last performed at the VMAs. That year, Missy was joined by Nelly Furtado and Timbaland, as they proved to us what genius looks like. Missy opened her performance with her latest single, "Throw It Back" before throwing fans back to her hits from yesteryear. She performed a medley that included 'The Rain', 'Get Ur Freak On', 'One Minute Man', 'Pass that Dutch' and 'Lose Control'. With each performance the 4-time Grammy winner invoked looks from each music video. She also reunited with dancer, actress and singer, Alyson Stoner, who remains a superb dancer. For those who aren't in the know, Alyson started dancing for Missy when she was a little girl. She became a staple in most of Missy's music videos. In 2015, Alyson paid tribute to the legend with a viral video of Missy's greatest hits. Missy...

Are You Miss Bare Minimum?

You are worth the ICE! Intention. Commitment. Effort. Y'all, this is my proof of life. It's been a minute. It's been a tumultuous season, and I guess that I'm not the only one. I am glad though, that I am here to pour out and into you. You've always understood me. And then P!nk's 'Mizunderstood' becomes a backtrack to this conversation. But that's a conversation for another day. A nous allez! Bonjour, bonjour mes amies! Comment allez-vous? I'm taking it one day at a time. Picture this: you’re on a date, and instead of engaging in conversation, your date is glued to his phone, replying to texts that are definitely not from you. Or maybe he’s the ‘textationship’ king, flooding your screen with emojis but never making time for an actual face-to-face meeting. Now this is a good one, he's the convenience pro who gets to see you and spend time with you within his vicinity, and not outside his capacity. Now what do we call that *taps head thinking*...

The Promise: When I Say I Do!

When I say, "I do", it is a commitment for a lifetime! Life's short. Less than a yardstick short. Biblically, mankind was granted 120 years on this earth. On average today, mankind has approximately 70 years to live, that is 25,567.5 days. You must be wondering where I am going with this. Does, "I take thee,so and so,to be my lawful, wedded, something,...." sound familiar? Of course, these words are part of the traditional wedding vows. Gosh! Gushing Don't we all just love weddings, where there is the blushing groom,who cant wait to get out of his tuxedo (pretty much because it's uncomfy), and the starry-eyed bride,who wishes the moment would last forever. Forever! A favourite word of many.Imagine the number of songs titled or that include the word 'forever'. I have not heard in a while, one of my favourite songs, 'Forevermore' by Puff Johnson. Oh, I also love hearing that promise of 'forever' by the Okoye twins, 'If you were ...