Skip to main content

The X-Factor

MPV.....my point of view!
Trends:Talent Shows

Ever watched a tv show,only to feel completely useless after that.Look at it this way,an 8 year old belts out ''i will always love you",or a 14 year old who can play seven musical instruments at one goal,or the plus size woman who can dance to any musical genre and does better splits than a cheerleader.Seriously???

I think that one of the most fascinating reality tv shows are the talent shows.Something's Got Talent,So You Think You Can Dance?,The Clash of The Choirs and The X-Factor,amongst other programmes.YEP.this world has got some talented people and it kind of sucks if you do not have even a centimetre of that talent.

I think the worst thing about these shows are the judges.Simon Cowell anyone?The meanest judge in tv history.I always wait to hear what Simon says about the individual auditioning before I comment on how talented that individual is.But yeas if an individual is good,they are really good.I was happy when Simon let Leona Lewis win in the first ever X-Factor,and when he took back Melanie Amarro in the fdirst season of X-Factor USA.(That girl can saaang).He does know talent when he sees,or should I say,hear it.

My question to y'all though is,what is your talent?What X-Factor do you possess?Moreso,what are you doing about it.Yes we have had a few talent shows on tv locally,(though nothing spectacular to my expectations),but we really have not tapped into the real talent that is around us.Again sometimes I blame,yes,blame our elders for not supporting talent.We are taught to go to school and get a job.("Zvemagitare hazvibhadhare!''.Well it would pay,if you put a little funding into it and supported it).

I think it is high time we took talents such as singing,dancing,acting,djying,production,comedy,seriously.People make millions out of their talents.That is why these reality tv shows on talent get so much viewership and contestants fight so hard to get that record deal.Yes,parents your children can take you out of poverty,or give you an early retirement.(Just ask Bieber's mum,or even Joe Jackson).

Education is good.It is a solid foundation for all of us.And an individual can be educated on their talent.Overseas there are dance academies,schools to learn to play instruments and even acting school.

YES,we have the X-Factor locally.It is time that we allowed it to shine.

I know my X-Factor.It is my point of view.

P.S:Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

[c]Copyright MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Are You Miss Bare Minimum?

You are worth the ICE! Intention. Commitment. Effort. Y'all, this is my proof of life. It's been a minute. It's been a tumultuous season, and I guess that I'm not the only one. I am glad though, that I am here to pour out and into you. You've always understood me. And then P!nk's 'Mizunderstood' becomes a backtrack to this conversation. But that's a conversation for another day. A nous allez! Bonjour, bonjour mes amies! Comment allez-vous? I'm taking it one day at a time. Picture this: you’re on a date, and instead of engaging in conversation, your date is glued to his phone, replying to texts that are definitely not from you. Or maybe he’s the ‘textationship’ king, flooding your screen with emojis but never making time for an actual face-to-face meeting. Now this is a good one, he's the convenience pro who gets to see you and spend time with you within his vicinity, and not outside his capacity. Now what do we call that *taps head thinking*...

Solo

Be the person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with. Porque eres el único cuerpo con el que estás atrapado para siempre ! With that said, it's good to have our feet back on solid ground. I can't wait for the  next trip ! Now ladies, we are dressing up for not just one, but several dates. Through our journey to  becoming , we are all about self-introspection and self-love. We are going on a solo date where we assess if we enjoy our own company, embrace our flaws, and seek to be better versions of ourselves.  Single ladies, bring your A-game with the wardrobe, face, body and most importantly, personality because we are putting our best foot forward. Put on your favourite outfit because we're going on a couple of dates with ourselves! Gentlemen, y'all invited to observe. A nous allez!  Date #1: Restaurant  I'm wearing a midi, nude pink, chiffon dress. I'm pairing the outfit with gold jewellery, and rose gold heels. I made a reservation at my favourite ...

The Red Season: Breadcrumbs of Love

No matter how broken you are, a meal of love is what you need. For the first time in a long time, I will admit on this platform, I will admit that I cried. I felt humiliated and hurt. Mariah Carey's "Cry" is playing in my head. I keep asking myself why am I this person? Why do I keep scraping for crumbs of love? Am I not enough? And following a recent disappointment, I reverted to a quote that I saw on a certain blog. "You could have the best intentions, you could have the most sincere feelings, and you could be a good woman and you still wouldn't be able to keep a man because the only way to keep a man is if that man wants to be kept by you,"  Sipho Mbhele. "You could have the best intentions, you could have the most sincere feelings, and you could be a good woman and you still wouldn't be able to keep a man because the only way to keep a man is if that man wants to be kept by you,"  Sipho Mbhele. Gosh, I'm tired of this circus. The fact...

But Why Wait?

When you find what you are looking for, why wait?  She finally made it! Congratulations to the now Mrs Jennifer Affleck.  Jenny from the block is officially Mrs. Jennifer Lynn Affleck. It's official, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are married. According to news reports, the couple tied the knot on Saturday, during an "intimate ceremony in Las Vegas." This actually comes as a surprise because nothing is ever small, or intimate with J lo. For as long as we have known the Bronx native, she goes all out. We expected that her wedding would be as extravagant as her 'Marry Me' character.  Clearly she didn't want to jinx her second chance. The Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez a.k.a Bennifer's love story began 20 years ago. The couple initially met in December 2001 on the set of the rom-com "Gigli," where they played criminals stuck on a job together. Not long after that they started dating. By November 2002, the two were engaged, but postponed their weddin...