Skip to main content

Winter ABC Day 25: 5 Local Brands Doing the Most

In these Zimbabwean brands I believe!

 

When we think of brands many think of logos or big names. But to me, a brand is defined by influence, excellence and to a larger extent, uniqueness. I am a fan of all brands African. As long as they are by an African and hold quality, I am sold.

Today, I am here to endorse brands from here, in Zimbabwe. These are homegrown brands that by my definition of brands, are doing the most. Shout out to all the founders and innovators behind the brands that I'm about to mention below:

1. Craig Zoowie



In my head, Craig Zoowie is my stylish best friend. (Putting this into the universe that we will be friends IRL). I love me some Craig Zoowie. Craig puts his touch to dĂ©cor with excellence. He's like the fairy godmother who turns a pumpkin into a carriage. Every event that Craig handles, there's a touch of class. Of course, with his team at VIP Hosting, we can see why they are the most sought after event planners. Apart from making events look fabulous, Craig is a stylist as well as style icon. His dress sense is that of a debonair. His suits, hats and even shoes make him the best dressed man in Zimbabwe, hands down. 

Follow Craig Zoowie's excellence on:


Facebook : Craig Zoowie
Instagram: @craigzoowieofficial

2. Misred




There are many skeptics and critics but Misred is the real deal. When we look at media personalities, her brand competes with other renowned personalities on the continent. Offline and off camera, Misred, real name Samantha Musa, is a bubbly, friendly and down-to-earth person. She is comfortable in her own skin and loves being a mother. Even since she joined radio in 2013, we have seen her evolution. She has so much to offer as she grows. 

If you want to experience a fun brand, follow Misred on:


Facebook : Misred
Instagram : @imisred

3. Page Poetry Alive




Zimbabwe has a bevy of talented poets and writers with few spaces to groom them. A young poet, Umind?!, real name, Peggie Shangwa took it upon herself to create a platform to meet this need. Page Poetry Alive was birthed from the need for a platform to establish writers and poets whilst encouraging the culture of literature. The first Page Poetry Alive event was held in March, 2017 at the National Gallery of Zimbabwe. Since then, the platform has grown to the extent that new programs are being birthed from it. The most recent project is the Digi Poems; a collaborative between Page Poetry Alive and ComExposed. Poetry met animation from several countries within Africa. Renowned poets love being part of Page Poetry Alive as it awakens new material for both stage and print. Life in poetry and literature is in very good hands. 

Follow Page Poetry Alive for all your spoken word and digi literature on:


Facebook : Page Poetry Alive
Twitter : @PagePoetryAlive
Instagram: @pagepoetryalive  

4. K Chaks Photography 

A few years ago, I met Kudzai Chakangaisu at my former workplace. He was this pretty boy with big hair trying to push his brand. Fast forward to 2019, his photos are featured in Vogue Italy. K Chaks Photography is known for being part of Ammara Brown's branding team. His work on her rebranding and album promotion was superb. He has also done work for big corporates such as the Edgars club magazine. He has an eye for detail and captures the subject. He makes crap look like glam (no pun intended). He is pricey considering that he is based in Capetown and Johannesburg. But with a good budget, you will experience the  photoshoot session of your life. 

Follow the beautiful images by K Chaks Photography on:


Facebook : Kudzai King
Instagram : @kudzaiking.creator


5. Munch

The Munch application brings your pizza to your doorstep. This is figuratively speaking. However, Munch has changed the game when it comes to food delivery services. The aim is efficiency and convenience. Munch is the brainchild of two young entrepreneurs, Tatenda Jakarasi and Farai Chikumba. With hope, they will make it onto the Forbes 30 under 30 list next year, or before they hit 30. (Putting this into the universe) The company continues to grow expanding it's services to other cities, and towns within the country. The business is thriving and the founders have proved important business theories. Meeting a need and being creative about delivering the solution. 

Wet your appetite and get dialing when you follow Munch on:


Facebook: Munch Zimbabwe
Instagram: @munch_zw

What local brands do you think missed this list? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

East, West, home is best. Support your local brands.

P.S . Always write your own love story!

Ciao!

Lady E

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trĂ©s bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Book Review: The Kings that Didn’t Need This Queen

Until you resolve your brokeness, you will continue to be broken. I am pretty stoked about sharing this month's read. As a writer, reading various forms of literature enriches the craft. Reading builds culture and reinforces application of lessons learnt. I also read books and blogs by fellow writers to support their work through commenting, and sharing. This is how we grow communities you see. Prior to offering a review of this month's book, I would like to share a brief history of the writer. I met this young woman, Nobuhle Nyoni at a birthday, and album listening party for producer and artist, Verseless. She was friendly and bubbly, we even shared a ride into town as we went home. That wouldn't be the last time that I would be in communication with her. Through the magazine that I am editor for, we made effort to push her event. Though I didn't manage to attend the event, I saw the potential of this young woman. In 2017, under the collective called Veryus ,...

But Why Wait?

When you find what you are looking for, why wait?  She finally made it! Congratulations to the now Mrs Jennifer Affleck.  Jenny from the block is officially Mrs. Jennifer Lynn Affleck. It's official, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are married. According to news reports, the couple tied the knot on Saturday, during an "intimate ceremony in Las Vegas." This actually comes as a surprise because nothing is ever small, or intimate with J lo. For as long as we have known the Bronx native, she goes all out. We expected that her wedding would be as extravagant as her 'Marry Me' character.  Clearly she didn't want to jinx her second chance. The Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez a.k.a Bennifer's love story began 20 years ago. The couple initially met in December 2001 on the set of the rom-com "Gigli," where they played criminals stuck on a job together. Not long after that they started dating. By November 2002, the two were engaged, but postponed their weddin...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...