Skip to main content

Dirty Laundry Diaries: Last Friday Night...

Last Friday Night...



After a long hiatus from this blog, I've decided to make my return but this time with a vengeance...lol!

So as part of my comeback, my blog has changed slightly a bit, same girl but different ish! (The vocabulary has become very colorful!)

So my weekend was too cold to freeze a.k.a chilled for my liking but I managed to get the amount of rest that my weary body deserved. So what happened last Friday night, other than playing the third wheel with my sister and her man? Nothing much!

But in line with the title of today's blog, I'll share what happened the last Friday of the last. These days I have ditched friends and have gone all family and that is how I roll. So my best friend who happens to be my younger sister, went out for our Friday drinks at our favourite spot in town. (Totally love the ambiance and the deejays are quite cute-one being hotter than the other and they play an amazing set of deep house music).

Before I go on, the only reason I am talking about this particular Friday because it involves the infamous, (don't know if I should own him) but my infamous "Mr X".

So we went to this upmarket restaurant-lounge to have our usual after work Friday drinks. We were hanging out, enjoying our drinks with a couple of friends who happened to be new to the place, so they were getting a feel of "our spot". I needed to use the rest room and my sister came along for her powder break. Little did I know, barely noticed that my "dearest" frenemy Mr X was around. My sister hinted the moment that we got to the rest room that he (Mr X), was right behind us going to the gents. Coincidence?

Anyhow, on our way back, I bump into him in the carnage on the doorway, but he ignored and gave me his back. At that moment, I couldn't really bothered. Spent the rest of the night  having my long islands (which I swear, I had enough to last me till Monday). Don't judge!

When it was time to leave I had to have my bathroom break well because, it's a long, long way home and I am not the one for public system clearing-get my drift. Oh yes, and then along came the big "spider" (Mr X); well he was sitting with his acquaintances and I believe that he threw a glance at me. My problem: Why wont he say hi?

I won't state the obvious about my mental state on Mr X, and of late I have refused to assume anything at all because "assumptions make an ass of you"- and I have obviously been an ass. I am only 4 foot 9 and couldn't harm even a fly even I tried to. Mr X and I had an unusual but very hurtful acquaintanceship especially on my part - but I am the one to blame and I have taken responsibility for my actions.


What I don't understand is when he 'seems' (assumption) to behave as if he wants to speak to me and he just doesn't - then why stand across my table all night and continuously throw glances at me? Or follow me to the bathroom (oh yeah it is a coincidence that our bladders are synchronized to want to pee at the same time? Really?). Yes that Friday made me ponder on a lot but also affirmed me that after visiting the land of "Pride", I will not be the so called "bigger man" and say hi! (although I confess, I itch to). But, with a man like Mr X, a woman would have to be 'uncommon' and if he really has any form of 'interest' in 'you'- business-wise, friendship, yadda, yadda, then he must be the one to approach. Honestly, a hi won't kill! I'm not deluded into assuming that a barricaded door will ever open; but for as long as we are living in the same city, likely hanging out in the same places and working in the same industry, it would be good if the awkwardness was not there. #Diplomacy

Mr X,"...Me and them other girls aint the same boo...I do things ol' school..."-the man is the first to approach, and the first to say hi. Just hi!

Funny enough I loved that Friday night and I would do it all again....AGAIN! Because those cocktails made my weekend.

As for Mr X...where's my espresso?

Yes, I'm back! What's up for this Friday? Will tell you when it's #TGIF!

P.S.: Always write your own love story

Ciao!
Lady E

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

That's Not My Portion

A man  needs to take responsibility of his own healing and growth... We all have different love stories that we are writing. There is no formula of how we fall in love or love. At times we can’t help whom we fall for although we can choose whether or not to love them. For healthy relationships, we look for a partner who brings out the best in us. A person who is patient with our flaws but doesn’t allow us to get away with bullshit behaviour. We demand and give respect to partners who love themselves enough to show how they will be treated and loved. In turn we take notes from Eleanor “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” There is room for growth in visions and maturity in character. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt” If we have an understanding of ‘love’ why is it that we shortchange ourselves? I decided to end a ‘relationship’ because it didn’t look or feel like a ‘relationship’. It was more of me being ...

Auld Lang Syne ... Maybe Not All the Time

Sometimes the end is a new beginning!  It's a new year! To be more precise, the year of our Lord two thousand and twenty-two. According to the Hebrew calendar the year is 5782.  The crossover into 2022 was particularly dull due to the curfew. When we say that the pandemic is a buzzkill, the sentiment is real. As a staunch believer in the saying, "How you leave is how you enter," I often enjoy spending my time in church. The service prior to the countdown often invigorates my faith. Praying and seeding on the first day of the 365 or 366 is comforting. Unfortunately, the authorities ensured that the gathering of the saints wouldn't happen on their watch. We had to sit and watch the livestream from home. As the new year came, I started to think of the song synonymous with the new year. Auld Lang Syne. Based on the 18th century Scottish song, the words read: Should Old Acquaintance be forgot, and never thought upon; The flames of Love extinguished, and fully past a...

7 Ways to Sage Your Space

Unlearn and burn your inhibitions... We grew up socialised into certain behaviours and beliefs that are sometimes unhealthy for our mental wellbeing. These factors contribute to brokeness, poverty mentality and self loathing. Many of us may experience stunted emotional, spiritual and mental growth due to past experiences and beliefs. But the cycle needs to be broken now. Our generation is privileged to acknowledge the unhealthy patterns in our lives. We have the ability to unlearn mindsets that have prevented us from living our best lives. I have been on my journey to healing for the past four years. The journey to healing and self love isn't an easy one. It does help to realise that there is so much to you than what meets the eye. Your healing begins by spring cleaning your life. It's out with the old, and in with what you carefully choose to enter. This cleaning applies to every aspect of your life. As we go into the second half of the year, let's reevaluate ou...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...