Skip to main content

The Hook-Up

Rating-For the Grown&Sexy



Even intelligent people have their 'blonde' moments. I think that individuals should look up certain words and terminologies before they decide to embark, or indulge in certain activities. (Even urban lingo has a dictionary).

'You burn, you learn.I learnt that the hard way'. This is the class.The word for today is 'hook up'. What is a hook up? According to the Urban dictionary, definition 1.To receive a good favour or service.; 2.To make out with someone; 3.To have sex with someone.(Hmm).

Ever seen a fish hook? Ever gone fishing or watched people fish? There is a little worm that is placed at the end of the hook that is used to attract the fish. Bait! Now, to all y'all who do, or agree to 'hook ups', have you ever questioned the 'agenda' of the so-called 'fairy godmothers' or 'friends' who are hooking you up?

I am not talking about definition 1., where you get VIP access to a function, or show, or getting a discount on something that you have always wanted. 'Hook up' in terms of definition 2 ,3 and possibly the non-existent #4, which is, bringing two 'single' individuals with likely 'common ground', together in effort to create a potential relationship. (Lmfao!)

Hook ups. The modern version of Woodstock. (No strings attached). So really,if an individual is single, and searching for a meaningful relationship, why would they agree to a 'hook-up', given the definition above.(Guess they would have smoked something, since this is 'modern-age Woodstock')

The bigger question is,why do certain 'friends' have so much interest of 'hooking you up'? Is one so disastrous in the dating department that they need a little 'intervention'?Is one treading on the wrong grounds that they are not able to be spotted by the 'right' person? If an individual is having trouble with finding a 'good' partner,or true love, it could be one in three things, (if not all). 1.The way one markets their package. If you are a lady, you might be 'selling' slut even though you are a 'good girl', or for the guys,a complete jerk,yet you are a 'nice', maybe misunderstood guy. Or 2.It is not yet your time. An individual needs to develop their character, spend time soul searching, or work on areas of their life e.g education, money, career;or 3. It is pure bad luck.

Honestly, for a sensitive individual, who has sincere intentions, do not hook up. Friends love them as you may, do not 'trust' them when it comes to 'hook ups'. Why hand the pen to other people to write your love story? If you are a lady,female friends who want to hook you up, could either be genuine because they love you and want to see you happy, or they could be 'pimping' you out. And if it is your male friend, if he wants to hook you up with one of his boys, (or his boss), darn, you are a lamb of sacrifice going straight to the slaughter. (Scoring points). Remember the worm at the end of the fish hook?

But for individuals who are not in that 'space' of having a solid, fruitful relationship, feel free to hook up. Hook bream,crocodiles or even sharks.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with a little bit of fun,or an exciting fling. That is spontaneous,so singles who like to mingle,hook up. *raised eyebrow* Hook ups!

For the smart individuals ask questions, and make informed decisions. For those who could care less about what they could catch, do what grown people do. Hook up!

Personally like Kelly Clarkson, I 'do not hook up'. (Although shoes and music are not bad 'hook ups')

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright[c] MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...

Single ladies: Wife material

MPV.....my point of view! Single Ladies: Wifen Material *Royal wave*Hey single ladies,your guide is back.The pursuit for Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It is on.Today I would like to make you a get-a-ring-on-it lady. Now following my articles,'Single Ladies Part 3',where I talked about the prince searching for a 'real princess',or 'Queen';and 'Brown Sugar',where the word 'brown sugar' was defined as wifen material,I would like to talk about 'wifey material'.(Whether we are that). How do we single ladies get that ring-on-it,you ask?By being wifey material.My uncle keeps on telling me,'If you want to become Mrs X,you should be a wife.You are a wife before he puts a ring on it'.What he means is that,a man will treat you the way you portray yourself.How,you ask? Ever noticed the difference between a wife and a girlfriend.Now let me break it down for you.A girlfriend usually,takes life in a more leisurely way;unlike a wife,whose focus is mo...

The Slow Burn

Stop trying to control everything and start experiencing the slow burn. Hello, single ladies! Comment ça va mes amies? "Je suis bien!   Gather around; today we are having coffee and tea. I'll get my dose of caffeine as usual. I'm so inspired by the previous article. The inspiration came from the last few paragraphs, where I wrote about the slow burn. I remember the movie, "I Want You Back." The character Emma tells Peter that he's attractive, and she would date him, despite the fact that he is a slow burner. And then Kacey Musgraves' "Slow Burn" starts playing in my head. ("I'm alright with a slow burn"). As I decided to rewrite the scripts for my "love story," the last part challenged me. Do you remember what Kat Valdez said in "Marry Me"? If you want something different, you have to do something different. So, you make a different decision. I thought long and hard about that statement. I believe that I'm ...

Pendulum...Time to Stop Swinging!

At that very moment you actually receive that closure that it's finally over... You lay there, with a sigh of  relief because it was good whilst it lasted, but you are glad that it's over. There are certain things that you begin to intuitively feel and understand as you grow older or wiser. You move out of naivety or ideologies of the perfect relationship. You get to a place of realising that some relationships have good parts but don't last. And there are other bad relationships where the only thing that holds you together, is what's in between the sheets. During a conversation with a friend, I asked him for his opinion about a relationship. His view of my 'situation' was that I was like a pendulum. It was a constant back and forth with this guy which in psychology is considered 'toxic'. My friend gave me advice athat I need to respect myself enough to demand stability from a relationship. The guy who comes into my life must anchor himself and...

Script My Life: Jane, Jane, Carrie!

Some stories are best watched as they play out... Ever watched a movie or TV series and relate to a character? How many parts of the plot line would you have loved to be part of your life? Filmmakers have managed to tap into our subconscious to draw emotions towards their films. There are certain characters that have become memorable with fans. We often quote them, use film analogies to explain real life and even play out the plot ourselves. Relating film to real life has become a common feature on this blog. We called it Script My Life, of which many of you are a fan of. To date the most viewed posts are the 'SML' for 'Madea's Family Reunion' and 'Why Did I Get Married?'. All I can say is thank you. We continue to bridge screenplays to our real lives today. Television series often bring various storylines in different genres. When I was young, I had an obsession with medical/hospital drama. Teen dramas became my thing during my early 20s. Remember...