Skip to main content

Here's to Becoming

Manifestation is mindset and action combined to achieve the desired results.


Black woman dressed in ethereal lilac ballgown

This is my last year of being single!

I'm declaring it and speaking it into the Universe. Now, there's nothing wrong with being single, but we need a final chapter for the Single Ladies series. All good things have to come to an end. Don't worry I'm not dropping off our bus, just as yet.

Bonjour mes amies! Comment allez vous? Je vais trés bien merci, et vous? Let's gather around as we countdown to the New Year. I already have a head start with the wine, so let's catch up.

In an intense conversation with one of my closest nephews, I told him that this is my last year of being single. We laughed, hard! But I was serious. Now, we don't have a groom as yet. But I'm going to 'Sex & the City' Charlotte manifest this. And my inner circle has been through the relationship trenches with me. We are all exhausted! So, I understand their skepticism and even fears for my fragility when it comes to relationships. My nephew asked, "Where do you stand with Mr. X? Because of our history, I did reassure him that Mr. X isn't the villain in my love story. Talking about Mr. cum 'writer' X, I'm taking his advice from his blogs. Isn't life Alanis Morissette 'ironic'. Stop judging me, we concluded that he's kind of my 'muse' - hence great content.

Again, I don't always agree with his track of mind, however, I sort of look at his advice as my uncle meets Kevin Samuels meets practicality. There's logic to the manosphere advice. Imagine me! A whole me! (Yvonne Orji voice), taking advice from the very same man who broke my heart. Again, isn't life ironic, don't you think? A week ago, I shunned myself for failing to evolve. *Beyoncé singing voice*, "I'm a grown woman." But evolve we shall. A nous allez!

What's happening, I'm currently watching season two of '2 Broke Girls'. Gosh, why am I this person, though? And I thought of Caroline and Candy Andy. I had this whole blog outline about this series, and we're sticking to our storyline but I needed to be real. Mr. X once said, to be 'desperate'... initially, I didn't get it, but now I do.

With that said, I do want a Candy Andy meets Barack Obama meets Dre from 'Brown Sugar.' Funny. Smart. Old School.

Now, while we thought that I had Moses parted the Red Sea, I was just blogging out my manifestation prayers. You know like Ciara's prayer. Remember how we talked about being that couple. There's a 'him' to that story. But he's yet to come. But it could be my love letter to my future children about how I met their father.  And I have five whole love stories and journies that we've been through together. And one that's possibly going to happen.

If life imitated art, my love story would be either 'Love By the 10th Date' or 'Bridget Jones Diary'. I relate to the latter in terms of being single and older. With acknowledgment, I'm way past the threshold of eligible bachelorettes. My SMV (sexual market value) has declined though I'm considerably 'fine'. My black is on a Benjamin Button. But I'm not out here trying to compete with young, single, and childless women. I understand my lane. Still, it's never too late to be or meet the 'One', right?

So what are we manifesting? The word 'manifest' has many different definitions but the simplest is, ‘something that is put into your physical reality through thought, feelings, and beliefs.

In our journey to becoming we've been thriving to get that 'ring on it.' I know that's my literal mission statement on every date. And the slogan is 'intention, effort, and commitment .'  However, we know that if you don't love yourself exuding that energy might be challenging. Energy begets energy. The work begins with self. It begins within. Unlearning bad habits. Unpacking traumas. Making the right choices. Setting boundaries. And giving access to those who have earned to be within your space.

We believe that we will manifest our vision board, Pinterest boards, diary entries, and resolutions. But we put in the work. Manifestation is about attitude and perception. We become what we behold. When we are constantly focused on lack, negativity, and red flags, we manifest negativity. So let's seek to see green flags, abundance, and positivity. In this coming season let's focus internally and seek the good. Be it our attachment styles, money wounds, traumas, and whatever the sangoma told you that will never come to fruition. Let's think - I'm so much better than this. "I'm not my past. I'm not my pain. I'm not my ancestors' failures, I'll break the chain."

Manifestation is about attitude and perception.

So yes, I'll be 36 and I am a mother of one - but again, I'm so going to 'Bridget Jones Diary: The Baby' this season. Just to take you back to the franchise. In the last installment, Bridget realizes that she was all the love and validation that she needed. And when she did, she got all that she wanted. So we are putting into the Universe that we are enough. Good enough.

In the here and now, we are setting our intentions. We are going to work, to make it work. Manifestation is mindset and action combined to achieve the desired results.

Manifestation is mindset and action combined to achieve the desired results.

Whatever our hearts desire, we must know that patience is a virtue. It will happen at the right time and for the right reasons. We keep on working on becoming the best version of ourselves.

Buckle your seats, and experience your manifestation process at this moment.




Here's to 'Becoming'...

... hair, nails, face, eyebrows, swing those hips, strut those legs, chin up and bring you!

A prochaine fois...

Cheers!

P.S. : Always write your own love story!

Ciaõ!

Lady E






Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Book Review: The Kings that Didn’t Need This Queen

Until you resolve your brokeness, you will continue to be broken. I am pretty stoked about sharing this month's read. As a writer, reading various forms of literature enriches the craft. Reading builds culture and reinforces application of lessons learnt. I also read books and blogs by fellow writers to support their work through commenting, and sharing. This is how we grow communities you see. Prior to offering a review of this month's book, I would like to share a brief history of the writer. I met this young woman, Nobuhle Nyoni at a birthday, and album listening party for producer and artist, Verseless. She was friendly and bubbly, we even shared a ride into town as we went home. That wouldn't be the last time that I would be in communication with her. Through the magazine that I am editor for, we made effort to push her event. Though I didn't manage to attend the event, I saw the potential of this young woman. In 2017, under the collective called Veryus ,...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...

MTV VMA Review: Missy Elliott, Supa Dupa Fly!

Yaaaas queen! Joy overwhelmed me by just watching Missy Elliott's MTV VMA performance. It's been 16 years since Missy last performed at the VMAs. That year, Missy was joined by Nelly Furtado and Timbaland, as they proved to us what genius looks like. Missy opened her performance with her latest single, "Throw It Back" before throwing fans back to her hits from yesteryear. She performed a medley that included 'The Rain', 'Get Ur Freak On', 'One Minute Man', 'Pass that Dutch' and 'Lose Control'. With each performance the 4-time Grammy winner invoked looks from each music video. She also reunited with dancer, actress and singer, Alyson Stoner, who remains a superb dancer. For those who aren't in the know, Alyson started dancing for Missy when she was a little girl. She became a staple in most of Missy's music videos. In 2015, Alyson paid tribute to the legend with a viral video of Missy's greatest hits. Missy...

Solo

Be the person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with. Porque eres el único cuerpo con el que estás atrapado para siempre ! With that said, it's good to have our feet back on solid ground. I can't wait for the  next trip ! Now ladies, we are dressing up for not just one, but several dates. Through our journey to  becoming , we are all about self-introspection and self-love. We are going on a solo date where we assess if we enjoy our own company, embrace our flaws, and seek to be better versions of ourselves.  Single ladies, bring your A-game with the wardrobe, face, body and most importantly, personality because we are putting our best foot forward. Put on your favourite outfit because we're going on a couple of dates with ourselves! Gentlemen, y'all invited to observe. A nous allez!  Date #1: Restaurant  I'm wearing a midi, nude pink, chiffon dress. I'm pairing the outfit with gold jewellery, and rose gold heels. I made a reservation at my favourite ...