Skip to main content

Ain't No Gold Digger


"(She take my money)/Now I ain't saying she a gold digger/(When I'm in need)/But she ain't messing with no broke niggas...."- Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx (Man, that was a good jam. Kanye at his prime)



"A man can lose money chasing women but he will never lose women chasing money",he said.
(Ironically,he's slept with a lot of women in the city,still chases them,dunno about him having money).And some girl claims he's a gentleman.(My foot!).It amazes me how the males,especially 'famous' males,in this country,have this mentality that every female they meet wants their money.What money?(You haven't met real money until you have 'Sheikh money' a.k.a 'Arab money'.Ask Janet).

And in my head I'm thinking,''what the....'',*raised eyebrow*,really??My response,"But one woman can make a man a millionaire.''Yes,truth be told,no woman wants to be a 'broke' guy,(love is good but,mukadzi nevana havafuri huswa).A man's primary role is to be the provider,protector and preacher,even the Good Book says so.But a woman also wants,and needs time,(even four minutes) with a man she has interests in.And a real woman understands that when a man has his hustle on,he has to chase the paper,so she just has to ride for him.(That is a language I truly understand).

The problem with males,is that even with that paper,they chase after the wrong women,(hoes to be precise.*no pun intended*,but if the shoe fits).Of course,a man needs to be able to financially take care of himself,and if he has a family,his family.That is how mankind was created.But what y'all do not know,is that from time in memorial,the real 'moneymakers' are women.If a man finds a good woman,she is definitely not going to wipeout his credit card or leave him so broke that he couldn't even pay attention.A real woman does not move around with a pick or drill.(She aint no golddiger).

Some friends of mine call me 'feline',because my personality resembles that of cats,(territorial,protective and hunters).For those who watch National Geographic channel,or have read about the behaviour of the cat-family,in particular lions,you would know that in a lion's pride,it is the lionesses who do the hunting.The male lion's main job is to head and lead the pride.Even when there are battles for pride lands,it is the lionesses that fight.My point,if the relationship arena was to be taken as the African savanna,then both men and women would move away from the ''gold digging'' concept.

A woman, a real woman, builds her man. She thinks long term,so those Pradas and Brazilian weaves can wait. She understands sacrifice, as painful as it is. When it is time for work and making that money, (which should be used to make more), everybody works. A real woman works hard for what she earns, works towards her dreams, and if a man is in the equation, he better not be a lazy one. A man is not a ladder, a bridge,or a stepping stone to having a better life, (he is part of the process of life). So yes, I want a good, comfortable life, I love to look like a million dollars and travel first class, but that, I believe,I have to work really hard,and smart to achieve, on my own. (And ladies,spending your own money is amazing and liberating.)You do not have to be enslaved in abusive relationships,no need to trade sex for your 'lifestyle',or be answerable to anyone.That is why I love Ne-yo's song,''She got her own'' a.k.a Miss Independent Part 2, ("I love it when she says/I've got it/I've got it...")

A man will lose money chasing after (the wrong) women but will never lose (the wrong) women chasing money.But a man who finds,(not chase),a good,wise,(Proverbs 31),woman,will become a millionaire,because a true Queen serves a feast for her King,a feast that she would have spent time making.

"The Queen ain't no gold digger,but she ain't messing with no broke nigga...but her King will be a rich nigga. We ride or die."-The Makings Of a Queen

Post script:Please forgive the profanity.

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright © MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

That's Not My Portion

A man  needs to take responsibility of his own healing and growth... We all have different love stories that we are writing. There is no formula of how we fall in love or love. At times we can’t help whom we fall for although we can choose whether or not to love them. For healthy relationships, we look for a partner who brings out the best in us. A person who is patient with our flaws but doesn’t allow us to get away with bullshit behaviour. We demand and give respect to partners who love themselves enough to show how they will be treated and loved. In turn we take notes from Eleanor “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” There is room for growth in visions and maturity in character. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt” If we have an understanding of ‘love’ why is it that we shortchange ourselves? I decided to end a ‘relationship’ because it didn’t look or feel like a ‘relationship’. It was more of me being ...

Auld Lang Syne ... Maybe Not All the Time

Sometimes the end is a new beginning!  It's a new year! To be more precise, the year of our Lord two thousand and twenty-two. According to the Hebrew calendar the year is 5782.  The crossover into 2022 was particularly dull due to the curfew. When we say that the pandemic is a buzzkill, the sentiment is real. As a staunch believer in the saying, "How you leave is how you enter," I often enjoy spending my time in church. The service prior to the countdown often invigorates my faith. Praying and seeding on the first day of the 365 or 366 is comforting. Unfortunately, the authorities ensured that the gathering of the saints wouldn't happen on their watch. We had to sit and watch the livestream from home. As the new year came, I started to think of the song synonymous with the new year. Auld Lang Syne. Based on the 18th century Scottish song, the words read: Should Old Acquaintance be forgot, and never thought upon; The flames of Love extinguished, and fully past a...

7 Ways to Sage Your Space

Unlearn and burn your inhibitions... We grew up socialised into certain behaviours and beliefs that are sometimes unhealthy for our mental wellbeing. These factors contribute to brokeness, poverty mentality and self loathing. Many of us may experience stunted emotional, spiritual and mental growth due to past experiences and beliefs. But the cycle needs to be broken now. Our generation is privileged to acknowledge the unhealthy patterns in our lives. We have the ability to unlearn mindsets that have prevented us from living our best lives. I have been on my journey to healing for the past four years. The journey to healing and self love isn't an easy one. It does help to realise that there is so much to you than what meets the eye. Your healing begins by spring cleaning your life. It's out with the old, and in with what you carefully choose to enter. This cleaning applies to every aspect of your life. As we go into the second half of the year, let's reevaluate ou...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...