Skip to main content

New Money

MPV.....my point of view!
Nouveau Riche

On the subject of moving from being a broke girl to being a rich queen,it kind of makes me wonder if I will ever change when the money rolls in?I mean with money comes new 'friends',(fake ones on top of that),new acquired tastes in clothing,hangout places,eating habits,actually a person's whole lifestyle changes.

Will I become pompous and arrogant towards those people who were with me during my journey to the top?Hmm.Will I behave like a 'new money' a.k.a munhu anovhunduka magetsi.A new money by definition is an individual who joins the social upper class elite by virtue of acquiring wealth in life via work e.g business,fame or by marriage,or inheritance.

*Sigh*I do not like new monies.I am not bragging,but I am what you call,an old money.I do not really feel the need to share the wealth and fame I was born into.Actually,I am far from being snobbish,or picky,or even arrogant.I was raised,and I am a firm believer in working towards your own wealth,and using your position to help those around you.(Although my grind my not be as hard as others,because of who I am.No pun intended).

New monies.Has anyone noticed how these people like to flaunt their money?"I drive this...I am wearing a label by....I drink what,what...I am friends with who,who..",pssh,whatever.Neiyo swag yakazodiwa.(Swag is actually acronym for secretly we are gay.Tjo!Shame).And how new monies want to teach others the 'good life',(ana "idya keke").And the women!*shaking my head*Have you noticed the behaviour of those women who acquire wealth via marriage,moving from cobra floors to tiled floors,or fitted carpets.Vanhu vanotsvinya vaya."Sisi.Make sure that cupboard yakiwa,because people eat zvisina gauge.Chikafu chinotengwa ichi.",like duh,we thought it was manna from heaven.

Yeah,money can buy everything but class,etiquette,and most definitely,personality.People always forget that stuff can happen in life,so if you treat people with incandescence,they will be watching and waiting for you when the chips are down.(Be good to the people on your way up,because you just might meet them on your way down).It is a shame that even people who have had wealth for a long time also behave like new monies,(e.g the former Mrs Simmons.I love you Kimora,still).But yeah,it is overdone.

I don't know,maybe I will be doing the name dropping,showing people pictures of famous people I know,or their phone numbers,how much I spent on whatever,and I will ignore all my friends,(the real friends).Nah.I have been there,done that,had that.I just want to 'maintain'.I just hope to be able to be in a position of influence to help those around me and change the world,positively.

(Oh,FYI,to those who like to flaunt their whatevers at me,you are pathetic.#justsaying).Crossing the Limpopo is not travelling around the world,and the accent thing,or speaking in another ethnic language,*raised eyebrow*really??.Labels do not matter if you dress like a drag queen,*siren*(fashion crime),you cannot credit yourself for sleeping in a hotel every night,if you do not even own a house,(err,with title deeds in your name),and your name,(no matter how famous),is just a noun like dog,apple,train....so yeah,I personally am not phased.

Real money and power comes from being able to invest in the future,empowering others and always remembering where you came from.Humility comes before honour.

"The Makings Of a Queen"....a good queen.

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

www.therealladye@blogspot.com

Copyright[c] MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Book Review: The Kings that Didn’t Need This Queen

Until you resolve your brokeness, you will continue to be broken. I am pretty stoked about sharing this month's read. As a writer, reading various forms of literature enriches the craft. Reading builds culture and reinforces application of lessons learnt. I also read books and blogs by fellow writers to support their work through commenting, and sharing. This is how we grow communities you see. Prior to offering a review of this month's book, I would like to share a brief history of the writer. I met this young woman, Nobuhle Nyoni at a birthday, and album listening party for producer and artist, Verseless. She was friendly and bubbly, we even shared a ride into town as we went home. That wouldn't be the last time that I would be in communication with her. Through the magazine that I am editor for, we made effort to push her event. Though I didn't manage to attend the event, I saw the potential of this young woman. In 2017, under the collective called Veryus ,...

MPV.....my point of view!

Don't take anything personal because it's my point of view! But if you can relate, let's have this conversation. I began my journey with my point of view last year,however to give you a feel of my writing you can follow my facebook timeline for Elspeth Chimedza (my birth name). All my blogs are posts titled MPV....my point of view! The topics are: Single ladies        Coyote Ugly                                           Serendipity                                                               The Great expectations Script My life:Love Jones The Promise:When I Say I do! Stripped Single Ladies Part2 Swagger Like My Daddy Rated R Make It Work It's not you....maybe it's me Girl Power Stupid In l...

But Why Wait?

When you find what you are looking for, why wait?  She finally made it! Congratulations to the now Mrs Jennifer Affleck.  Jenny from the block is officially Mrs. Jennifer Lynn Affleck. It's official, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are married. According to news reports, the couple tied the knot on Saturday, during an "intimate ceremony in Las Vegas." This actually comes as a surprise because nothing is ever small, or intimate with J lo. For as long as we have known the Bronx native, she goes all out. We expected that her wedding would be as extravagant as her 'Marry Me' character.  Clearly she didn't want to jinx her second chance. The Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez a.k.a Bennifer's love story began 20 years ago. The couple initially met in December 2001 on the set of the rom-com "Gigli," where they played criminals stuck on a job together. Not long after that they started dating. By November 2002, the two were engaged, but postponed their weddin...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...