Skip to main content

If I Were A Boy

MPV.....my point of view!
If I Were A Boy

'What if I,had a thing on the side/Made you cry/Would the roles change,or would they still apply/If I,played you like a toy/Sometimes I wish I didn't act like a boy...'-Like A Boy,Ciara.

Like a boy,my favourite Ciara song.(The one that makes me want a penis).I was dancing to it during my dance session this morning.(And burnt my knees whilst doing the slide).

Boys.They run the world.Boys get away with everything.They make all the rules on everything in life.It sucks!Ladies are you not tired of it.Because no matter how many female empowering songs we sing,'Who run the world.....girls!',it is still a man's world.(One that could use some castration).

I do try to understand male behaviour,(because,I was raised by a man,and I have a lot of brothers).I have been reading books on male behaviour including Tyrese and Rev Run's,'Manology',but there are some behaviours that perplex me about the male species.(And cannot stand it.I think I speak on behalf of femaledom).

What if we were to switch the roles.What if we women ran the world.If we were the decision makers.If we were the ones writing self-help books like 'Act Like A Lady,Think Like A Man',or 'Girl Power' for guys.If we were the ones making the guys cry,(being the players,or the 'dons').

Like Beyonce,if I were a boy,even just for a day.(I would love to utilize all that testosterone to the maximum).And come home at 4 in the morning after a night out with 'my boys',(or some random chick),and be a total douche,(deciding not to be answerable to anyone,even if there is someone).

But,sadly,unfortunately,for as long as there is no sex change and hormone therapy,we,women,still remain part of the female species that is oppressed by a patriarchal society,(no matter what constitution is placed,or 'Iron Lady' is in power).It is still,a man's world!

'If only impossible was possible
Then I would be the ideal
The ideal of what a woman should feel when she is loved
That ideal love that comes from the ideal man
I would be the ideal man
If I were a boy....

If I were a boy
I would everything that other boys aren't
I would exactly what the girls want
If I were a boy.'-Eloya Somaine

......but I am not a boy.But that is how I would like to be treated by a boy.(That is how I would be,if I were a boy).

Eldom: See things through a boy's eyes,then you will never cry.

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

www.therealladye@blogspot.com

[c]Copyright MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Book Review: The Kings that Didn’t Need This Queen

Until you resolve your brokeness, you will continue to be broken. I am pretty stoked about sharing this month's read. As a writer, reading various forms of literature enriches the craft. Reading builds culture and reinforces application of lessons learnt. I also read books and blogs by fellow writers to support their work through commenting, and sharing. This is how we grow communities you see. Prior to offering a review of this month's book, I would like to share a brief history of the writer. I met this young woman, Nobuhle Nyoni at a birthday, and album listening party for producer and artist, Verseless. She was friendly and bubbly, we even shared a ride into town as we went home. That wouldn't be the last time that I would be in communication with her. Through the magazine that I am editor for, we made effort to push her event. Though I didn't manage to attend the event, I saw the potential of this young woman. In 2017, under the collective called Veryus ,...

MPV.....my point of view!

Don't take anything personal because it's my point of view! But if you can relate, let's have this conversation. I began my journey with my point of view last year,however to give you a feel of my writing you can follow my facebook timeline for Elspeth Chimedza (my birth name). All my blogs are posts titled MPV....my point of view! The topics are: Single ladies        Coyote Ugly                                           Serendipity                                                               The Great expectations Script My life:Love Jones The Promise:When I Say I do! Stripped Single Ladies Part2 Swagger Like My Daddy Rated R Make It Work It's not you....maybe it's me Girl Power Stupid In l...

But Why Wait?

When you find what you are looking for, why wait?  She finally made it! Congratulations to the now Mrs Jennifer Affleck.  Jenny from the block is officially Mrs. Jennifer Lynn Affleck. It's official, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are married. According to news reports, the couple tied the knot on Saturday, during an "intimate ceremony in Las Vegas." This actually comes as a surprise because nothing is ever small, or intimate with J lo. For as long as we have known the Bronx native, she goes all out. We expected that her wedding would be as extravagant as her 'Marry Me' character.  Clearly she didn't want to jinx her second chance. The Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez a.k.a Bennifer's love story began 20 years ago. The couple initially met in December 2001 on the set of the rom-com "Gigli," where they played criminals stuck on a job together. Not long after that they started dating. By November 2002, the two were engaged, but postponed their weddin...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...