Skip to main content

Single ladies: Wife material

MPV.....my point of view!
Single Ladies: Wifen Material

*Royal wave*Hey single ladies,your guide is back.The pursuit for Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It is on.Today I would like to make you a get-a-ring-on-it lady.

Now following my articles,'Single Ladies Part 3',where I talked about the prince searching for a 'real princess',or 'Queen';and 'Brown Sugar',where the word 'brown sugar' was defined as wifen material,I would like to talk about 'wifey material'.(Whether we are that).

How do we single ladies get that ring-on-it,you ask?By being wifey material.My uncle keeps on telling me,'If you want to become Mrs X,you should be a wife.You are a wife before he puts a ring on it'.What he means is that,a man will treat you the way you portray yourself.How,you ask?

Ever noticed the difference between a wife and a girlfriend.Now let me break it down for you.A girlfriend usually,takes life in a more leisurely way;unlike a wife,whose focus is more long-term.(This does not mean that girlfriends cannot be wives).However,when Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It is looking for a Mrs,he is looking for 'wifen' qualities.

Some of the qualities I know are,a woman who can be approved of by his family,(muroora type),a mature individual,focused,laid-back,domesticated,etc.Church guys are always talking about a 'Proverbs 31' woman.(This is the actual ideal wife).

But my question is,and this is posed at the 'men' out there,what do you consider as 'wifey material'?

I ask this,because from my personal experience,I would not appear to be 'wifey material'.I am loud,opinionated and yes,YOLO is my motto.My tiny frame deceives,because I look like a teenager.(So no one actually believes that I am a mother).

So,in a situation where Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It,maybe meets me during my awkward moments,(not really awkward,I'll just be myself).What will be going through his mind?And since it has been said that 'first impressions last',what impression would I leave?

I am kind of like an onion,(many layers),and a diamond,(with many faces and sometimes rough edges),so one cannot make a conclusion about my qualities upon meeting me.I do believe that I am 'wife y material',it is only 'unfortunate' that I am perceived as less,per se.(*sad*I do want to be Mrs X).

Again,gentleman,define 'wife y material',for us single ladies.How does a lady portray the 'good wife' without being an actress,(cause y'all there are some women who deserve Oscars for the 'pretend wives').Does she have to wear a french maid's uniform and a feather duster to show that she is domesticated;or be good pals with Jaime Oliver to prove her culinary skills;or should she wear a church uniform to prove 'saint-hood'.And then there is that terrible,but catchy song that 'curses',us beautiful women,'....if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,never make a pretty woman your wife....'.Seriously???(And what if I am the total package;beauty,brains,and character,am I to be labelled as a 'troublemaker';and not be justified as 'wife y potential'?)

Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It,you meet single lady in an LBD on her girls night out,(perception:slut);she is always dressed to the nines,(perception:high maintenance);she dresses modestly (and probably is an accountant/marketer),(perception:boring);she has piercings and/or tattoos,(perception:freak,or wild);or she has a mind of her own,and she speaks it,(perception:feminist,or bully).Yes,visual perception,with misguided expectations which lead to incorrect assumptions which cloud Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It's judgement,so single lady misses out on her chance of being Mrs X because of that.

My definition of 'wifey' is woman divinely chosen for a certain man.She suits him,like a hand in a glove.She is not perfect,but she is willing to learn.She is woman with vision but understands that 'Rome was not built in one day'.Not having OCD,but ensures that cleanliness is next to Godliness,(a reflection of the deity realm where she came from).She understands the dynamics of life,relationships and family,so she will make effort to compromise so as to keep the peace.And yes,her man is King,so she will desire to make him happy.(Each day of their 12 000 days of marriage...'til death do us part'.)

So single ladies,let us be the 'wife'.I think that working towards being a Proverbs 31 woman truly makes one 'a good thing',(He who finds a wife,finds a good thing).However do not act,remember that you have to be real,true,and 'outstanding',so as to win 'the bachelor's' heart.(Be the she who 'surpasses them all').

We end here today,until we meet again single ladies,(or should I say 'wifeys'),our quest continues.....

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

NB:Follow my blog,'MPV.....my point of view!' at www.therealladye@blogspot.com

[c]Copyright MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Book Review: The Kings that Didn’t Need This Queen

Until you resolve your brokeness, you will continue to be broken. I am pretty stoked about sharing this month's read. As a writer, reading various forms of literature enriches the craft. Reading builds culture and reinforces application of lessons learnt. I also read books and blogs by fellow writers to support their work through commenting, and sharing. This is how we grow communities you see. Prior to offering a review of this month's book, I would like to share a brief history of the writer. I met this young woman, Nobuhle Nyoni at a birthday, and album listening party for producer and artist, Verseless. She was friendly and bubbly, we even shared a ride into town as we went home. That wouldn't be the last time that I would be in communication with her. Through the magazine that I am editor for, we made effort to push her event. Though I didn't manage to attend the event, I saw the potential of this young woman. In 2017, under the collective called Veryus ,...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...

MTV VMA Review: Missy Elliott, Supa Dupa Fly!

Yaaaas queen! Joy overwhelmed me by just watching Missy Elliott's MTV VMA performance. It's been 16 years since Missy last performed at the VMAs. That year, Missy was joined by Nelly Furtado and Timbaland, as they proved to us what genius looks like. Missy opened her performance with her latest single, "Throw It Back" before throwing fans back to her hits from yesteryear. She performed a medley that included 'The Rain', 'Get Ur Freak On', 'One Minute Man', 'Pass that Dutch' and 'Lose Control'. With each performance the 4-time Grammy winner invoked looks from each music video. She also reunited with dancer, actress and singer, Alyson Stoner, who remains a superb dancer. For those who aren't in the know, Alyson started dancing for Missy when she was a little girl. She became a staple in most of Missy's music videos. In 2015, Alyson paid tribute to the legend with a viral video of Missy's greatest hits. Missy...

Solo

Be the person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with. Porque eres el único cuerpo con el que estás atrapado para siempre ! With that said, it's good to have our feet back on solid ground. I can't wait for the  next trip ! Now ladies, we are dressing up for not just one, but several dates. Through our journey to  becoming , we are all about self-introspection and self-love. We are going on a solo date where we assess if we enjoy our own company, embrace our flaws, and seek to be better versions of ourselves.  Single ladies, bring your A-game with the wardrobe, face, body and most importantly, personality because we are putting our best foot forward. Put on your favourite outfit because we're going on a couple of dates with ourselves! Gentlemen, y'all invited to observe. A nous allez!  Date #1: Restaurant  I'm wearing a midi, nude pink, chiffon dress. I'm pairing the outfit with gold jewellery, and rose gold heels. I made a reservation at my favourite ...