Skip to main content

Single Ladies: What a Girl Wants

Single Ladies Part 3

Hi single ladies,I am back as your guide,as we journey through our search for Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It.

A few months ago as I was listening to radio,the dj was talking about certain ladies he 'approached' who were 'lonely'.He said he asked them why they were single,and one of them responded that there are no good guys around.She had a problem with the 'approach'.Apparently,one guy called her 'a horse'('Uri bhiza!'),and she took offence.(Did I not just start laughing my lungs out).

So the dj,(pretty twisted),took it in a certain,sexual context (typical).I did agree with him though,that there was no need for her to take offence.Right,today ladies,if you want to (really) leave Singleville,let us stop the expectation of being approached by a lip-gloss loving,flamboyant,'Prince Charming',okay!

*gunshot*Yes,I have burst your bubble,come down to earth.How do you ladies want to be approached?If I were this lady,I would have been 'intrigued' by such a statement,(okay,seems I am also twisted.)There is something called 'originality',at least in my books.

Again,how do you want to be approached?One minute ladies are complaining about how guys use ol' macking lines,or ones from movies,then when they come up with something,'original',you take offence *raised eyebrow*(I'm confused).

I think we,as single ladies,need to lower some expectations,(not morals,not standards),E.X.P.E.C.T.A.T.I.O.N.S!Let me let you in on a secret,most times prince charming does not look like a prince,because he too,is looking for a genuine princess.(Sort of like the story of,'The Princess and the Pea'.Because in a superficial,shallow-minded society,the real deal is hard to find).

Yes,most ladies are looking for,or waiting on,a handsome,silver tongued,brother,with swag,dressed to the nines,driving a flashy car,who is going to say,'You can have whatever you like!'(ching,ching*dollar signs*),right?

Or should he be tall,dark,and handsome,and riding on a horse *rolling my eyes*.(No wonder most of y'all are still single).Living in la-la land,wishing for princes from fairy tales and the charming,romantic studs from movies.They are not REAL!(That is why they are called fictional characters).

There are plenty of good guys out there,(that is why I am writing this series).'Mr Right',the 'One','Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It',sometimes,will not be a single,young,gorgeous guy,who sweeps you off your feet.He might be a divorcee,widower,baby daddy,or mama's boy,but at the end of the day,it is his intentions that matter.(*Beyonce wave* ring on it.)

I once met a certain gentleman,who approached me as an airtime vendor.I was tired,frustrated,and there he was being persistent,(and kind of annoying).But I was fascinated.The nerve to want to talk to me,airtime vendor?We talked,and I discovered that he was a prince,(not the literal meaning though,but what you are thinking).He was charming,funny,caring,and a real gentleman.Would I date him?*smiling*Of course!So imagine,had I brushed him off,I would not have known that he is a 'prince'.(Also,actually looking for a 'queen').

Now,ladies,do you really want a guy prettier than you,approaching you?The one who is termed as 'he's got game',(player).The one who approaches you in a way that portrays a scene from the silver-screen,so much,it is too good to be true!Or do you want someone who plucked up some courage,(believe me,it is intimidating trying to talk to a 'put-together' woman),and has an interesting way of breaking the ice.Better yet,the prince who does not flaunt his royalty at you,but wants you to know him for who he is.(Because to be honest,the guys who flaunt their money,and status at you,are just saying,'you are a GOLD DIGGER,a floozy,groupie',and they can have many of you,because you are after one thing,only.*ching,ching*).That is the assumption.

The approach.If a guy has not called you derogatory names,or insulted your mother,please do not take offence,if he calls you 'a horse'.Lighten up,have a sense of humour.If you are like me,laugh it off,and smile,(I have learnt to be polite to everyone,even the rude ones,because you do not know who you are talking to.)

Eldom: Every pauper,is a potential king.

So ladies,on this journey of self discovery and the quest for Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It,let us be realistic and see things for what they are.Prince Charming is definitely around the corner,just not in a suit of armour.

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright © MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

That's Not My Portion

A man  needs to take responsibility of his own healing and growth... We all have different love stories that we are writing. There is no formula of how we fall in love or love. At times we can’t help whom we fall for although we can choose whether or not to love them. For healthy relationships, we look for a partner who brings out the best in us. A person who is patient with our flaws but doesn’t allow us to get away with bullshit behaviour. We demand and give respect to partners who love themselves enough to show how they will be treated and loved. In turn we take notes from Eleanor “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” There is room for growth in visions and maturity in character. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt” If we have an understanding of ‘love’ why is it that we shortchange ourselves? I decided to end a ‘relationship’ because it didn’t look or feel like a ‘relationship’. It was more of me being ...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...

Auld Lang Syne ... Maybe Not All the Time

Sometimes the end is a new beginning!  It's a new year! To be more precise, the year of our Lord two thousand and twenty-two. According to the Hebrew calendar the year is 5782.  The crossover into 2022 was particularly dull due to the curfew. When we say that the pandemic is a buzzkill, the sentiment is real. As a staunch believer in the saying, "How you leave is how you enter," I often enjoy spending my time in church. The service prior to the countdown often invigorates my faith. Praying and seeding on the first day of the 365 or 366 is comforting. Unfortunately, the authorities ensured that the gathering of the saints wouldn't happen on their watch. We had to sit and watch the livestream from home. As the new year came, I started to think of the song synonymous with the new year. Auld Lang Syne. Based on the 18th century Scottish song, the words read: Should Old Acquaintance be forgot, and never thought upon; The flames of Love extinguished, and fully past a...