Skip to main content

Serendipity

Many are the obstacles and while we try, sometimes we need just one break!


I would have loved to continue writing about writing your own love story, but the desert that I have been circulating in is not fun, and the promised land seems to be more of a mirage than a reality.

It is said that if life throws lemons at you,make lemonade,but for me it's acid. I'm trying not to be a complainer and adhere to the year's theme of putting 'God First',but y'all that is so hard.

In one prayer meeting,a prayer point was suggested that everybody should pray for Job's resilience.Do not be hasty and look for other options,but press on in faith.

So what do you do when your whole world crushes down?Finances are strenuous?You are probably at the end of your rope;relationships are not working out,in the process your health decides to fail you.When everything you touch turns into Lot's disobedient wife,stone.

Bad week is only hilarious on TV,in real life,the walls echo with your screams of rage and your bedroom floor is filled with pools of your tears.C'est fou la vie.

But then,I remembered that life does not always turn out the way we plan but it's not always that it shortchanges us.Yes,God causes all things to work together for the good.

Okay,I haven't achieved what most people my age have,college degrees,their own cars,living on their own,some have status(*tounge out*),some espoused,and I?,Bear the scars of lessons taught by the School of Life.

But then again,I would not have been where I am,or be who I am, had my life gone the way I planned.If my life had gone according to my plans,I would have been a stuck up, spoilt introvert.

But I appreciate the little things,I'm humbled by praises,I understand humanity and my heart has never been as big as it is,even with what's left of it.

Serendipity is when a misfortune turns into favour or greatness.My growing pains turned into poetry in turn I discovered my gift,having my child made me alive,purposeful,a heartbreak made me a performer and rejection is going to make me travel all over the world,because of opportunity.

Life sucks a whole crate of eggs,but you can make a fire,pour some oil in a pan and fry them.

Joseph became governor of Egypt and fed two nations despite being sold off by his brothers. Napoleon is one of history's great leaders despite his short stature. Einstein was a scientific genius despite failing academically. And Oprah Winfrey is a media mogul and world icon despite coming from an abusive childhood.

And tomorrow, I will be the brightest diamond ever to shine from Africa despite being the stone that was rejected.

Serendipity.It's not so bad....

P.S: Always write your own love story.(This is your life,and the title is,'This Is My Story....')

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright[c] MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

That's Not My Portion

A man  needs to take responsibility of his own healing and growth... We all have different love stories that we are writing. There is no formula of how we fall in love or love. At times we can’t help whom we fall for although we can choose whether or not to love them. For healthy relationships, we look for a partner who brings out the best in us. A person who is patient with our flaws but doesn’t allow us to get away with bullshit behaviour. We demand and give respect to partners who love themselves enough to show how they will be treated and loved. In turn we take notes from Eleanor “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” There is room for growth in visions and maturity in character. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt” If we have an understanding of ‘love’ why is it that we shortchange ourselves? I decided to end a ‘relationship’ because it didn’t look or feel like a ‘relationship’. It was more of me being ...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...

Auld Lang Syne ... Maybe Not All the Time

Sometimes the end is a new beginning!  It's a new year! To be more precise, the year of our Lord two thousand and twenty-two. According to the Hebrew calendar the year is 5782.  The crossover into 2022 was particularly dull due to the curfew. When we say that the pandemic is a buzzkill, the sentiment is real. As a staunch believer in the saying, "How you leave is how you enter," I often enjoy spending my time in church. The service prior to the countdown often invigorates my faith. Praying and seeding on the first day of the 365 or 366 is comforting. Unfortunately, the authorities ensured that the gathering of the saints wouldn't happen on their watch. We had to sit and watch the livestream from home. As the new year came, I started to think of the song synonymous with the new year. Auld Lang Syne. Based on the 18th century Scottish song, the words read: Should Old Acquaintance be forgot, and never thought upon; The flames of Love extinguished, and fully past a...