Skip to main content

Single ladies

MPV......my point of view!
Single Ladies Part 2

So,for those who have been tracking with my MPVs,you would remember the first article I wrote on this platform.I began by discussing about the single woman's search for a potential,future mate.

In the last discussion,I talked about man numero uno,the widower.Today our case study is man number 2:The Divorcee.

Define divorce:It is the final termination of marital union cancelling the legal duties and responsibilies of marriage and dissolving the bonds of matrimony between the parties.So a divorcee,is the participant of the divorce.

According to recent statistics,in Zimbabwe there are 15 divorces per month.In the US,50% of marriages end in divorce,with 41% being the first marriage and 60% the second marriage.And all these happen to couples who are on average 30 years old.

And all these divorces occur due to various reasons including financial issues,infidelity,lack of communication,disability or death of a child,in-laws,amongst other causes,and it is the ugliest,most traumatic experience anyone could go through in their life.

Ever listened to Danity Kane's 'Damaged'?(Which would be the ideal Post Traumatic Stress anthem for divorcees).Yep,that is what divorced men are,damaged!Of late,it seems that I am a 'divorced man' magnet,(which makes me think maybe I should team-up with Jackie Collins and write up a book entitled,'The World Is Full Of Divorced Men'.Yes,most seem very 'happy' to be out of their former marriages for one reason or another,but others seem to be carrying wounds that wont heal.

Some of the guys that I have met have resolved to a spiritual path,some still have the hope to remarry,others are literally married to their jobs,whilst others prefer the 'bad boy',non-commitment route(these ones are the worst kind because they are on a vengeance mission.Watch out ladies,you might become one their 'victims').

I am not sure if I would ever advise any single woman with the prospects of having a decent 'life-long' relationship with a divorcee.One may be lucky though,to meet a divorcee who is not a philosopher,(apparently most of them start to have theories and misconceptions about women because of their exes).

These men are the most hard people to get to.They do not only put their guards up,but literally build the Berlin Wall around themselves.It is like they are on auto-attack to ensure that they do not go through the same nasty business they went through with 'that woman'.

We all get hurt,egos get bruised but I think such men should take a time out before they decide to take hostages with them.It is not fair to put a decent woman who has genuine interests in you through emotional torment and ugly battles of the mess from your past.Do not make your current lady pay for your ex's mistakes.

Heaven help the women who are involved with divorcees with crazy exes.That woman will give you hell,especially if she still wants him(which is usually the case).

Being single myself,and having gone through my own battles,loss of limbs and all,I am sensitive to such men,however I am not a fan of being illtreated just because someone is not in that 'space',because they are still licking their wounds,or trying to figure things out.

There are some divorced men who manage to get past their 'failed' marriages,and make a fresh new start,and having successful second chances.But these are countable,I'm thinking my fingers and toes.

I am not by all means stereotyping divorcees,I am coming from a personal experience.In the past few months I have learnt that if one wants to make a new start on a clean slate,deal with the past and close that book of your life completely.

'Leave the way you want to start',that is what I would say.It is important that a man is on the forgiveness level with his ex,and they are amicable with each other,even more when children are involved.Ground rules and boundaries should be set with the ex,if he decides on embarking on a new relationship so as to avoid complications and strife.New lady,the ex will always be a big part of his life,especially if she was his first,please play nice.

Single ladies,a divorcee is kind of like the Russian Roulette,if you are unlucky,he will be a bullet wound to your head.The relationship is mostly on his terms,whether he is willing to move on with you,how much of himself is he willing to give you(or like Nick Lachey,'what's left of him') and that he will not push you away or treat you like the carbon copy of his ex.

All the best Single Ladies in your pursuit for Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It.

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright[c] MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

That's Not My Portion

A man  needs to take responsibility of his own healing and growth... We all have different love stories that we are writing. There is no formula of how we fall in love or love. At times we can’t help whom we fall for although we can choose whether or not to love them. For healthy relationships, we look for a partner who brings out the best in us. A person who is patient with our flaws but doesn’t allow us to get away with bullshit behaviour. We demand and give respect to partners who love themselves enough to show how they will be treated and loved. In turn we take notes from Eleanor “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” There is room for growth in visions and maturity in character. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt” If we have an understanding of ‘love’ why is it that we shortchange ourselves? I decided to end a ‘relationship’ because it didn’t look or feel like a ‘relationship’. It was more of me being ...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...

Script My Life: Grown-ish Season 2 Episode 18

I choose ME! We watch and I write; correlating fictional characters with reasonably realistic plot lines to our lives. Script my life! I chose not to review a whole season of a series, neither a film this week. I was struggling to write an authentic story about something that spoke to me through visual consumption. And then I felt emotions erupt as I watched the latest episode of Grown-ish. While I sometimes relate to the protagonist, Zoey Johnson, she annoys me more as I watch this second season. I must forgive her because she's a spoilt 19 year old who is yet to learn the realities of growing up. But she does these really annoying things like being judgemental and being up in people's business. I do love Nomi, Sky (Halle Bailey) and Doug (Diggy Simmons) though. Their characters have so much to offer to the show and audience. In this week's episode titled, 'Nice for What', the young women of the coming-of-age sitcom had to make hard relationship choice...