Skip to main content

MPV....my point of view!

MPV.....my point of view!
Trends

'That is like so last year!',if I hear that statement one more time,I'm going to slap somebody.(sic!).It is an interesting human condition though,to conform.(More like mental enslavement).

If one is not doing,or thinking,or behaving the way the mass population is,then they are 'uncool','weird',or 'backward'(so 2000 and late).It seems that the human race spends most of their lifetime trying to clone themselves into the other 7 billion people on this planet.

I used to be one of those people,until I realised that no matter what I do,I will never fit in or be like everyone.(Which I am now okay with,for as long as I make my mark on the world).

Trends.Fashion,music,lifestyle,politics,technology,everything has a trend.Remember how there were records,then tapes,then cds,now you can get all your music on your iPod,or memory card.

With hairdos,there was the afro,then jerry curl,(MJ rocked that one best),braids,then guys either tinted their hair like Sisqo,or had R.Kelly's cornrows,(Ignition yakanetsa),then mohawks and now we women can wear real human hair.Real hair.And they have nationalities too,Indian,Brazilian.(What could beat that?)

Every year,there is something that is the craze of the moment.I was watching the video to Psy's new song,'Gentleman',and I'm thinking is that going to be the new dance craze.Remember last year we had 'Gangnum style',the previous year,'everyday we shuffl'n'.DANCES.I'll be honest,I am a true follower of dance trends,(though I am growing old,so at times I might not do them properly).

For those who have lived in Harare for a long time,you would have noticed the trends with shops.There was a time where every corner had a phoneshop;then clothe shops;then banks;then food outlets,then supermarkets;and now tuckshops that sell clothes,cosmetics and cellphones.And then some people are selling clothes from 'mabhero' at flea markets.I just wonder,really,do people not have original business ideas?Why does everybody want to do what everybody is doing.(just asking).

Trends are not a bad thing,however,they should not be a defining mark on society.We should not look alike,or do the same line of business.Out of a trend every individual should find something that defines them.

Maybe that is why I liked Lady Gaga.She is weird,but stands out.I like individuals who like to stand out,even if it is uncomfortable for everyone else.I like new,creative business ideas or ways of improving life,so cudos to Bill Gates,Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg.

Trends.I would like to be a trendsetter.My trend would probably be,'just being yourself'.But I think that I am already doing that.

Eldom:If you follow the crowd,be careful not to get lost in it.

So go ahead and listen to the BeeGees,(that's actually good music),rock those harem pants,be clueless about the Hunger Games or who the Kardashians are,but there is no excuse for not being in the know of the current world news,or technology.(Your life depends on it).

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright [c] MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Solo

Be the person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with. Porque eres el único cuerpo con el que estás atrapado para siempre ! With that said, it's good to have our feet back on solid ground. I can't wait for the  next trip ! Now ladies, we are dressing up for not just one, but several dates. Through our journey to  becoming , we are all about self-introspection and self-love. We are going on a solo date where we assess if we enjoy our own company, embrace our flaws, and seek to be better versions of ourselves.  Single ladies, bring your A-game with the wardrobe, face, body and most importantly, personality because we are putting our best foot forward. Put on your favourite outfit because we're going on a couple of dates with ourselves! Gentlemen, y'all invited to observe. A nous allez!  Date #1: Restaurant  I'm wearing a midi, nude pink, chiffon dress. I'm pairing the outfit with gold jewellery, and rose gold heels. I made a reservation at my favourite ...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...

Are You Miss Bare Minimum?

You are worth the ICE! Intention. Commitment. Effort. Y'all, this is my proof of life. It's been a minute. It's been a tumultuous season, and I guess that I'm not the only one. I am glad though, that I am here to pour out and into you. You've always understood me. And then P!nk's 'Mizunderstood' becomes a backtrack to this conversation. But that's a conversation for another day. A nous allez! Bonjour, bonjour mes amies! Comment allez-vous? I'm taking it one day at a time. Picture this: you’re on a date, and instead of engaging in conversation, your date is glued to his phone, replying to texts that are definitely not from you. Or maybe he’s the ‘textationship’ king, flooding your screen with emojis but never making time for an actual face-to-face meeting. Now this is a good one, he's the convenience pro who gets to see you and spend time with you within his vicinity, and not outside his capacity. Now what do we call that *taps head thinking*...

Sing My Life: Top 10 Disney Songs

Disney has etched some of the best songs that create a magical world, and even life! For as long as this blog has existed, my readers know that I love Disney movies, and the soundtracks. Despite following the original less fluffed up versions of all our Disney faves, I'm spellbound by the magic.  Today prepare your vocal pipes, wear your crowns and hold on tight. Our script my life is musical; we're going to sing my life. Let's be light and fun today! Here's my top 10 Disney songs. 1. Beauty and the Beast 'Certain as the sun, rising in the east, tears as old as time, song as old as rhyme, Beauty and the Beast.' Whether it's Mrs Potts or the iconic Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson, the title track makes me all warm inside. It's the melody, the lyrics and the moment within the classic animation that make this one of the best Disney songs. Sing my life: Beauty lies beneath the ugly 2. A Whole New World The whole magic carpet ride is exhilarating even if you don...