Skip to main content

Script My Life: Honey 2

Hmm. I've lost my mojo... 




Haven't felt like writing of late.(Haha,who cares!)*rolling eyes*. Muse ain't amusing. (Delivering negative vibes). And someone said to me, 'He's a somebody; and you are a nobody!'. Wow! (And I died a little more inside).

Script my life:Honey 2.

A sequel to Honey,a dance movie which starred Jessica Alba; this time it actually stars some real dancers including J.Lo's squeeze, Casper Smart, choreographers Laurien Gibson, Christopher 'War' Martinez,and Rosero McCoy, (who choreographed most of the dances in the movie).

Troubled 17-year old Maria Bennet, has been released from juvenile hall,and is placed under the custody of legendary, Honey Daniels' mother, Connie. Maria is given a second chance to straighten her ways. She decides to get a job at a local store,owned by Mr Kapoor. Her love for dance is revived when she is asked by Brandon to train his dance crew.the HDs. Her ex-boyfriend,Luis ,leader of her former crew,(and winners of a dancing contest)also takes interest,and wants her back with his crew.

Maria works hard to prove herself,and also outdo sleazy Luis.She manages to get the HDs through to the finals of the television dance competition, 'Dance Battle zone', (hosted by cutie Mario Lopez). And they win. Beating the 718s. (To Luis' bruised ego.) It sucks when 'kings' are 'dethroned' from their thrones. (Your 'highness').

I'm Maria,with everything except juvie,and Luis is not an ex-boyfriend.'You know what.You are not motivated.'-Connie Daniels.(Sounds like my uncle.).Bless him!My uncle always 'pushes' me to think the best of myself,and that I am truly a talented individual.(But I underestimate myself a lot).He says I lack confidence,which is bad.

Well,if you are told that you are nobody,in comparison to someone else,whom you could equally share the same amount of talent,passion and maybe even vision,it kind of sucks!Maria and Luis come from the Bronx.They want to make something out of themselves,and get off the streets. They both love, actually have a passion for DANCE.

My uncle is always saying, 'Never compare yourself to anybody else. You are special!'. (Sounds like Obama's campaign slogan, 'Yes,I Can!' With all due respect).Yes,I have so much to prove, especially to myself. I so much want to be like my inspirations. And I do love pushing my limits,and doing what I love. (But I hate being 'boxed'). I believe in being 'mentored', and being open to learning new things, because I believe that talent doesn't always know everything. I believe that for as long as I have not tried it, I'm good at it. (Until I suck at it)

So what is my objective? Like Maria,to do what I love doing. To have an opportunity to prove myself. I'm not out to 'dethrone' assumed 'kings'. This kingdom is big enough for us all, including a 'Queen' in the making. Maybe we all share the same vision,passion and our talents spread us wide.

Yes he is a somebody, and I respect that, regardless, (even Maria knew who Luis is), but I am not a nobody. Nor a wannabe. I'm here for the long run. And it is not just for me.It is my legacy. Just like Honey Daniels had her dance academy; Maria won the 'Dance Battle zone', so will I have something far greater than my MPV. This is just the beginning....

After writing this I'm actually motivated.Script my life.Honey 2.

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright[c] MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Book Review: The Kings that Didn’t Need This Queen

Until you resolve your brokeness, you will continue to be broken. I am pretty stoked about sharing this month's read. As a writer, reading various forms of literature enriches the craft. Reading builds culture and reinforces application of lessons learnt. I also read books and blogs by fellow writers to support their work through commenting, and sharing. This is how we grow communities you see. Prior to offering a review of this month's book, I would like to share a brief history of the writer. I met this young woman, Nobuhle Nyoni at a birthday, and album listening party for producer and artist, Verseless. She was friendly and bubbly, we even shared a ride into town as we went home. That wouldn't be the last time that I would be in communication with her. Through the magazine that I am editor for, we made effort to push her event. Though I didn't manage to attend the event, I saw the potential of this young woman. In 2017, under the collective called Veryus ,...

But Why Wait?

When you find what you are looking for, why wait?  She finally made it! Congratulations to the now Mrs Jennifer Affleck.  Jenny from the block is officially Mrs. Jennifer Lynn Affleck. It's official, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are married. According to news reports, the couple tied the knot on Saturday, during an "intimate ceremony in Las Vegas." This actually comes as a surprise because nothing is ever small, or intimate with J lo. For as long as we have known the Bronx native, she goes all out. We expected that her wedding would be as extravagant as her 'Marry Me' character.  Clearly she didn't want to jinx her second chance. The Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez a.k.a Bennifer's love story began 20 years ago. The couple initially met in December 2001 on the set of the rom-com "Gigli," where they played criminals stuck on a job together. Not long after that they started dating. By November 2002, the two were engaged, but postponed their weddin...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...