Skip to main content

Single Ladies: Independence vs Submission

'If you liked it, then you should put a ring on it/If you liked it,then you should put a ring on it.....',* Beyoncé wave *, hey ladies!Don't you think that we single ladies should have a get-together, and get all Sasha-fierce?*wink*



Yes.The quest for Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It continues.As I have shared throughout this series,that in our search,we are also preparing ourselves.(Remember wifen material).Now in this series written by yours truly,and inspired by the not-so single,'single lady', Beyoncé Knowles. (That is Mrs Carter to you), we go through some 'character' training and preparation to get to, 'I do'.

Hmm.Mrs Carter.She seems to sing a lot of these female empowering songs about being beautiful,strong and independent.Ironically, Mrs Carter when she's at home with Jay, she is different; she is to be precise, submissive. Ladies, today we discuss being miss independent versus the submissive wife. (I can already see some of y'all screwing your faces).

In a world of pro-feminism,no woman wants to hear the word 'submission'. But before we start fronting about 'submission', let us first define the word submission. Submission is the acknowledgement of the legitimacy of the power of one's superior. According to the Biblical view, it is forsaking one's own will to serve that of another.

And they look at me with piercing eyes,why the hell should we submit to a man? Let us see,if y'all have listened very attentively at weddings, when the marriage officer is ordaining a marriage, there is that portion that is declared,'.....and the two shall become one flesh.''One flesh'. Do we single ladies understand the meaning of that oneness?

It is basically meaning accountability, agreement (even in disagreeing) in decision making and that it is no longer about 'I',but about 'us'.(Those stares again). There is nothing wrong with being independent and empowered, I am all for it because femaledom is still very much exploited in a 'man's world'; however, we tend to take this liberty a bit too far. (Just a bit).

Look ladies, Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It wants a Ruth, or Esther, (y'all have to read about these ladies), not a 'man'.(a.k.a competition). Yes ambition is good, it means you appreciate the fruits of hard labour,(and you will definitely not be a gold digger); but a man needs to feel that he is needed, respected.(Yes, we have to stroke those egos).

You cannot claim to love someone that you do not respect, and you cannot respect someone that you do not love. So when one submits,they are saying that they revere the next person.We submit to God, to our parents, or elders,to the laws of a nation and to our spiritual leaders. I am saying that a man is superior, but there is headship role bestowed upon him, and that should be recognized.

Submission does not mean being in agreement with the individual, or authority that is legislating whatever command, or rules; it is saying, 'for you I will. 'I like the example of Christ in submission, because although he did not want to die,he knew he had to because he loved his father, 'Let Your Will be done and not mine.' (I'm going all Christian on y'all).

You submit because you love the next person,and it is about them,not you.Submission is not being bullied,or looked down upon,in a relationship you are just saying,'You take the lead and I will follow.'

So single ladies,the reason why B is Mrs Carter, is because girl was raised good, (although she fired her daddy as manager), but her husband,now 'manages' her 'business'. My point, miss 'Sasha-fierce', miss independent is for the workplace, for the world, (you have to be in that role), but with Mr Put-A-Ring-On-It,you submit. (If he is the 'One'. The one you want;the one you love, it will come naturally).

Now ladies, this is a question of your ego,to be independent,or to submit? For today, I leave it here. Until we meet again....*wave*

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E


Copyright © MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Solo

Be the person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with. Porque eres el único cuerpo con el que estás atrapado para siempre ! With that said, it's good to have our feet back on solid ground. I can't wait for the  next trip ! Now ladies, we are dressing up for not just one, but several dates. Through our journey to  becoming , we are all about self-introspection and self-love. We are going on a solo date where we assess if we enjoy our own company, embrace our flaws, and seek to be better versions of ourselves.  Single ladies, bring your A-game with the wardrobe, face, body and most importantly, personality because we are putting our best foot forward. Put on your favourite outfit because we're going on a couple of dates with ourselves! Gentlemen, y'all invited to observe. A nous allez!  Date #1: Restaurant  I'm wearing a midi, nude pink, chiffon dress. I'm pairing the outfit with gold jewellery, and rose gold heels. I made a reservation at my favourite ...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...

Are You Miss Bare Minimum?

You are worth the ICE! Intention. Commitment. Effort. Y'all, this is my proof of life. It's been a minute. It's been a tumultuous season, and I guess that I'm not the only one. I am glad though, that I am here to pour out and into you. You've always understood me. And then P!nk's 'Mizunderstood' becomes a backtrack to this conversation. But that's a conversation for another day. A nous allez! Bonjour, bonjour mes amies! Comment allez-vous? I'm taking it one day at a time. Picture this: you’re on a date, and instead of engaging in conversation, your date is glued to his phone, replying to texts that are definitely not from you. Or maybe he’s the ‘textationship’ king, flooding your screen with emojis but never making time for an actual face-to-face meeting. Now this is a good one, he's the convenience pro who gets to see you and spend time with you within his vicinity, and not outside his capacity. Now what do we call that *taps head thinking*...

Book Review: The Kings that Didn’t Need This Queen

Until you resolve your brokeness, you will continue to be broken. I am pretty stoked about sharing this month's read. As a writer, reading various forms of literature enriches the craft. Reading builds culture and reinforces application of lessons learnt. I also read books and blogs by fellow writers to support their work through commenting, and sharing. This is how we grow communities you see. Prior to offering a review of this month's book, I would like to share a brief history of the writer. I met this young woman, Nobuhle Nyoni at a birthday, and album listening party for producer and artist, Verseless. She was friendly and bubbly, we even shared a ride into town as we went home. That wouldn't be the last time that I would be in communication with her. Through the magazine that I am editor for, we made effort to push her event. Though I didn't manage to attend the event, I saw the potential of this young woman. In 2017, under the collective called Veryus ,...