Skip to main content

Swagger Like My Daddy

Here's to my King from my King!


For every Queen, there's a King. Last Friday I talked about the women who influence my ambitions and inspire me, but it is the combination with the male version of them, that inspires me more.

As a young, single lady, who is on the market, of course, there are qualities I search for in a partner. To me the most important thing is obviously, connection. Connection goes beyond the physical, it is mental, emotional and even more, spiritual. And I have learned that like terms do attract more than opposites when it comes to relationships.

Somehow couples have to 'mirror' each other, share the same vision, have complementing or matching ambitions, and just 'get' each other even without verbal communication.

Wouldn't it be so refreshing to find someone with whom you do not have to try so much to improve? You just fit like a hand in a glove.

So what does Lady E want? Someone like me. Intelligent, down-to-earth, ambitious, has personality, is spiritual, yes, has a good fashion sense (as shallow as it sounds, I prefer a metrosexual man), and of course, is just fun. Yes, there is more to a person, and that's the really interesting part of a relationship—the daily exploration and discovery.

I read an article entitled 'Who would you be without him?' and it got me thinking about the women who inspire me. Who was Beyoncé before Jay-Z? Who was Michelle before she became the First Lady? Can Posh be anything outside of a W.A.G.?

The answer is that they were all women making their personal dreams come true and have established themselves to the point that even without their other halves, they can make it in this world. After taking a test in the article, the results came out: if I were to be with him', I am an upgrader or balancer.

Beyoncé is an upgrader. Last year, she and Jay-Z were ranked Forbes second-most powerful couple. She is a hard worker; she is talented, but her elevation was catapulted by being the lady in Mr. Carter's life.

Michelle, on the other hand, is a balancer. She matches her husband's status and ambitions. They both were together in law school and have been together through Barack's time as a senator and two terms in the president's office.

And Posh Becks is my style icon. She and David must be the most stylish couple ever. Those two literally mirror each other, from the clothes to the hair styles to the ability to manage four children.

But it is not the 'superficial' aspects (money, status, clothes) of these couples that I admire most, but the 'clicking'. Barack and Michelle are like best friends; Bey and Jay are laidback, and Vic and David are each other's cheerleaders.

To me, I would like my 'him' to be someone I look to for inspiration. Obviously, common ground and vision are important, but the ability to have that certain individuality would keep things interesting. And as a 'couple', being a force to be reckoned with would obviously be more rewarding.

But everything begins with oneself. Every woman should first achieve her own ambitions, have inner strength and self-assertion, and have self-love and value. She should be herself, whether or not there is a 'him'.

And when she finds a 'him', of course, as it has been said, the 'two shall become one', compromise, borrowing tastes and likes from the other, will happen, but there should always be that individual X-factor.

'When we step onto the scene

People ask me, who's he?

They ask him, who's she?

He tells them, she's the female version of me

I tell them he's the image in the mirror that I see

I've got swagger like my daddy

We're both eye candy

And I'm his baby

We both got style

I match his fly

His shirt is polo, my shoes are Manolo

He takes the lead, and I just follow

We both got ambition,

His my inspiration,

I'm his motivation

Together we make the best combination.....'-Lady E(Swagger like my daddy)

Ladies be the best you could ever be. Know that you have got the power and be that one kind of lady, when your man sees you(that is if you have one),he just says, 'Oh my, there she goes.'

Happy Women's Day!

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright[c] MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

The Red Season: Breadcrumbs of Love

No matter how broken you are, a meal of love is what you need. For the first time in a long time, I will admit on this platform, I will admit that I cried. I felt humiliated and hurt. Mariah Carey's "Cry" is playing in my head. I keep asking myself why am I this person? Why do I keep scraping for crumbs of love? Am I not enough? And following a recent disappointment, I reverted to a quote that I saw on a certain blog. "You could have the best intentions, you could have the most sincere feelings, and you could be a good woman and you still wouldn't be able to keep a man because the only way to keep a man is if that man wants to be kept by you,"  Sipho Mbhele. "You could have the best intentions, you could have the most sincere feelings, and you could be a good woman and you still wouldn't be able to keep a man because the only way to keep a man is if that man wants to be kept by you,"  Sipho Mbhele. Gosh, I'm tired of this circus. The fact

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w

The Writings On The Wall

Thou shall move onto the next! And then 'If You Leave' by Destiny's Child and Next starts to play. Gosh, 'The Writings on the Wall' remains my favourite Destiny's Child album, ever. The concept of the '10 commandments' of relationships. Brilliant!  Bonjour, mes amies! Comment ça va? Ça va bien! (Caribbean accent) Your gyal ,  moi , has been experiencing epiphanies. And a few disappointments, but life is too sweet to be upset. Lick your ice cream and have sweet red wine! I travelled through the blogosphere for inspiration for our topic today. Ironically, I also had a discussion with an acquaintance about a similar topic. There's nothing that I love more than people who brag about their intelligence. Oh, my! People pride themselves on their levels of education, often equating it to intelligence. We assess our value based on having degrees, master's degrees, and doctorates. If only those worked in relationships. I think of David Robson's 'W

Dirty Laundry Diaries: Hurts Like a Mother F***er

My humanity will let me hurt as much as I can and be unapologetic for it… I never thought that I would find myself at this place again. Over the past few years, I learnt the word ‘No’ and embraced my power to reject mediocrity. Be it work, life and even romantic relationships. Sigh! I recently found myself breaking almost every rule of every self-help book that I’ve read. Reading is supposed to empower you with knowledge and also help you with making better life choices! Anyway, I recently had to break it off with some guy because of ‘incorrect assumptions’, when will I ever learn? "In my own rule book,   CONSISTENCY is very important." In my own rule book, CONSISTENCY is very important. The moment that there is lack of consistency during the dating period or in a relationship it’s, “Off with his head” (In the voice of the queen of hearts). Sic! But what started off well, ended up like the familiar script that I have writing about for a long time. As Whitney

Winter ABC Day 6: Thank You Carrie Bradshaw

Who knew that a TV show would be the reason that I intentionally speak my mind? You can learn nothing from television they say. TV makes you dumb! Oh well, maybe so, however one television show was the match for this wildfire. My older sister pulled her hair out when she found out that my young sister and I were watching Sex and the City. Amongst her collection of video cassettes, she had a box set of the guilty pleasure, Sex and the City. The age guide was no under 21; I was 17 and my younger sibling was way too young. You are telling yourself that these adolescents were mischievous, maybe. I believe we were curious and adventurous. I was obsessed with pop culture with the hopes of one day being Lala Vasquez on TRL or hosting E! News. From my collection of People magazine I had read so much about the cast of Sex and the City. There were mentions of the cast members of the hit show in particular Sarah Jessica Parker. SJP as she's affectionately known, played the lead role of