Skip to main content

Swagger Like My Daddy

Here's to my King from my King!


For every Queen, there's a King. Last Friday I talked about the women who influence my ambitions and inspire me, but it is the combination with the male version of them, that inspires me more.

As a young, single lady, who is on the market, of course, there are qualities I search for in a partner. To me the most important thing is obviously, connection. Connection goes beyond the physical, it is mental, emotional and even more, spiritual. And I have learned that like terms do attract more than opposites when it comes to relationships.

Somehow couples have to 'mirror' each other, share the same vision, have complementing or matching ambitions, and just 'get' each other even without verbal communication.

Wouldn't it be so refreshing to find someone with whom you do not have to try so much to improve? You just fit like a hand in a glove.

So what does Lady E want? Someone like me. Intelligent, down-to-earth, ambitious, has personality, is spiritual, yes, has a good fashion sense (as shallow as it sounds, I prefer a metrosexual man), and of course, is just fun. Yes, there is more to a person, and that's the really interesting part of a relationship—the daily exploration and discovery.

I read an article entitled 'Who would you be without him?' and it got me thinking about the women who inspire me. Who was Beyoncé before Jay-Z? Who was Michelle before she became the First Lady? Can Posh be anything outside of a W.A.G.?

The answer is that they were all women making their personal dreams come true and have established themselves to the point that even without their other halves, they can make it in this world. After taking a test in the article, the results came out: if I were to be with him', I am an upgrader or balancer.

Beyoncé is an upgrader. Last year, she and Jay-Z were ranked Forbes second-most powerful couple. She is a hard worker; she is talented, but her elevation was catapulted by being the lady in Mr. Carter's life.

Michelle, on the other hand, is a balancer. She matches her husband's status and ambitions. They both were together in law school and have been together through Barack's time as a senator and two terms in the president's office.

And Posh Becks is my style icon. She and David must be the most stylish couple ever. Those two literally mirror each other, from the clothes to the hair styles to the ability to manage four children.

But it is not the 'superficial' aspects (money, status, clothes) of these couples that I admire most, but the 'clicking'. Barack and Michelle are like best friends; Bey and Jay are laidback, and Vic and David are each other's cheerleaders.

To me, I would like my 'him' to be someone I look to for inspiration. Obviously, common ground and vision are important, but the ability to have that certain individuality would keep things interesting. And as a 'couple', being a force to be reckoned with would obviously be more rewarding.

But everything begins with oneself. Every woman should first achieve her own ambitions, have inner strength and self-assertion, and have self-love and value. She should be herself, whether or not there is a 'him'.

And when she finds a 'him', of course, as it has been said, the 'two shall become one', compromise, borrowing tastes and likes from the other, will happen, but there should always be that individual X-factor.

'When we step onto the scene

People ask me, who's he?

They ask him, who's she?

He tells them, she's the female version of me

I tell them he's the image in the mirror that I see

I've got swagger like my daddy

We're both eye candy

And I'm his baby

We both got style

I match his fly

His shirt is polo, my shoes are Manolo

He takes the lead, and I just follow

We both got ambition,

His my inspiration,

I'm his motivation

Together we make the best combination.....'-Lady E(Swagger like my daddy)

Ladies be the best you could ever be. Know that you have got the power and be that one kind of lady, when your man sees you(that is if you have one),he just says, 'Oh my, there she goes.'

Happy Women's Day!

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright[c] MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

That's Not My Portion

A man  needs to take responsibility of his own healing and growth... We all have different love stories that we are writing. There is no formula of how we fall in love or love. At times we can’t help whom we fall for although we can choose whether or not to love them. For healthy relationships, we look for a partner who brings out the best in us. A person who is patient with our flaws but doesn’t allow us to get away with bullshit behaviour. We demand and give respect to partners who love themselves enough to show how they will be treated and loved. In turn we take notes from Eleanor “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” There is room for growth in visions and maturity in character. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt” If we have an understanding of ‘love’ why is it that we shortchange ourselves? I decided to end a ‘relationship’ because it didn’t look or feel like a ‘relationship’. It was more of me being ...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...

Script My Life: Grown-ish Season 2 Episode 18

I choose ME! We watch and I write; correlating fictional characters with reasonably realistic plot lines to our lives. Script my life! I chose not to review a whole season of a series, neither a film this week. I was struggling to write an authentic story about something that spoke to me through visual consumption. And then I felt emotions erupt as I watched the latest episode of Grown-ish. While I sometimes relate to the protagonist, Zoey Johnson, she annoys me more as I watch this second season. I must forgive her because she's a spoilt 19 year old who is yet to learn the realities of growing up. But she does these really annoying things like being judgemental and being up in people's business. I do love Nomi, Sky (Halle Bailey) and Doug (Diggy Simmons) though. Their characters have so much to offer to the show and audience. In this week's episode titled, 'Nice for What', the young women of the coming-of-age sitcom had to make hard relationship choice...