Skip to main content

Let's Just Get That Clear

Let's Just Get That Clear.

I have popped some popcorn for all of you because today's MPV might be quite entertaining.Pulpits are not only found in church,but the world is a pulpit.Wherever there is a platform or forum to speak and there is an audience,that is a pulpit.

And my God,there are some people who are preaching some 'interesting' gospels on their pulpits.How can one host a show about love,yet they are so cynical about it?A friend of mine commented that the Grinch who stole Christmas is much better,this individual is really mad,(bitter to be precise.)And all I could visualise was Stinkmeaner talking on the radio,(poor listeners.)

Yes,everybody has loved and lost,been hurt,but the whole purpose of life is love.The foundation of the earth is based on love,because the Creator of the Universe is love.Since we are entering the Easter Holiday,I pray for this individual to find the message of hope and love,(they need Jesus and to be soaked in His blood,to remove all that scepticism.)Because the reason why Easter is a public holiday,and some of y'all go off work,is because of a sacrificial,what's the word?Oh yes,LOVE,that God had for humankind,and allowing His only,'sinless',Son to die for mere,'wicked',mortals.That is the greatest love story ever told,(for over 2000 years).

I do agree that love should not be idealised by fairytales and movies,but there should be a realistic approach,however people should never give up on finding love,loving and being loved.It is also a part of the equation of happiness.

Everybody deserves a second chance,and more chances.It is called FORGIVENESS.If an individual ,or two people still want to give their relationship another try,they should.Life is too short not to try.Do not preach a '3 strikes you are out' gospel to people(I know a very good therapist,or counselor,or Rabbi,or better yet,exorcist who can help deal with all that negativity.)

Okay so,happiness.The pursuit of happiness.A good gospel,if you buy into it,and for as long as that happiness does not involve selfishness.But what is happiness?It is a feeling of satisfaction or elation due to positivity in one's life.And what makes people happy?I made an equation for happiness.Happiness=Money+Power/Fame+Success+Sex+Love/Relationship+Entertainment/Leisure+Good health+Being Attractive+Friends+Offspring+Possesions.So basically happiness depends on external influences.You still want to pursue happiness?Imagine a starving child in Sub-Saharan Africa,a woman being raped in war-torn central Africa,people who watched the events of 911 unfold,and lost loved ones in the process,or mothers having deformed babies born in nucleated Hiroshima.Are you going to tell them,be happy!Pursue happiness!*raised eyebrow*

It is good to be happy,everyone should be happy everyday,but what if all the elements that make up happiness are non-existant,or are taken away,does that mean one has stopped living?Being a person of faith,I believe that people should have,(no need to pursue),joy.The King James version of the Bible has no mention of 'happiness',but the word 'joy',which appears more than 300 times,including the word 'rejoice'.

Joy has the same meaning as happiness however,it is not influenced by external factors.Joy is the 'it's okay' motto of life,no matter what life throws at us.'It's okay' that I'm broke;my child died;I've got cancer;there is war in my homeland;I'm single;I'm not goodlooking;I'm disabled,it's okay.Joy says,it is difficult,but I have hope.It might not be today,or tomorrow,but it is well.It gives certain levels of contentment.

On a balance scale,joy outweighs happiness.But a philosopher will always be a philosopher.The pursuit of happiness-philosophy.But this whole discussion goes back to one's fear of being 'vulnerable'.Only the brave truly live,because cowards are afraid of trying,that is why they are philosophical.

There is a law of attraction,you attract the energies you give out.So if you are a Scrooge,well.*shaking my head*

The people who really have joy are the people who live outside themselves.Historically,Joan of Arc,Mahatma Gandhi,Martin Luther King Jnr.,Nelson Mandela,Mother Theresa and of course,Jesus Christ.They all lived for causes that affected 'their' people,for the 'love' of the people,(other people).Life is not a me-factor.

Anyway,at the end of the day,I guess an individual is entitled to their own opinion.What one discusses on their pulpit,reveals their argu-mentality,(one's thoughts).I use my pulpit,my MPV to preach,teach and share the gospel of self-examination which leads to reformation,I encourage empowerment and always inspire hope.

Now you can put the popcorn away.I am not attacking anyone,this is just my point of view.*smile*

Eldom:Use your pulpit as an opportunity to fight for a cause and use it wisely.

'Live to inspire and let God take you higher'.

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright [c] MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

That's Not My Portion

A man  needs to take responsibility of his own healing and growth... We all have different love stories that we are writing. There is no formula of how we fall in love or love. At times we can’t help whom we fall for although we can choose whether or not to love them. For healthy relationships, we look for a partner who brings out the best in us. A person who is patient with our flaws but doesn’t allow us to get away with bullshit behaviour. We demand and give respect to partners who love themselves enough to show how they will be treated and loved. In turn we take notes from Eleanor “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” There is room for growth in visions and maturity in character. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt” If we have an understanding of ‘love’ why is it that we shortchange ourselves? I decided to end a ‘relationship’ because it didn’t look or feel like a ‘relationship’. It was more of me being ...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...

Auld Lang Syne ... Maybe Not All the Time

Sometimes the end is a new beginning!  It's a new year! To be more precise, the year of our Lord two thousand and twenty-two. According to the Hebrew calendar the year is 5782.  The crossover into 2022 was particularly dull due to the curfew. When we say that the pandemic is a buzzkill, the sentiment is real. As a staunch believer in the saying, "How you leave is how you enter," I often enjoy spending my time in church. The service prior to the countdown often invigorates my faith. Praying and seeding on the first day of the 365 or 366 is comforting. Unfortunately, the authorities ensured that the gathering of the saints wouldn't happen on their watch. We had to sit and watch the livestream from home. As the new year came, I started to think of the song synonymous with the new year. Auld Lang Syne. Based on the 18th century Scottish song, the words read: Should Old Acquaintance be forgot, and never thought upon; The flames of Love extinguished, and fully past a...