Skip to main content

Loyal But Not Dumb

The journey of a healthy, secure human being entails peace and maturity!

Cute dog in blankets


Many perceive the state as complacent and dumb! Don't get it twisted, this sanity will keep many alive. I have been experiencing anxiety attacks despite recently stepping out of my comfort zone. As a fearful-avoidant attachment type, I guard my personal space like a trained pit bull. I am detached from the world especially those in my inner circle. I haven't spoken to a lot of my close friends, and relatives in a long time. The nonchalance in my demeanor worries me a bit specifically that they don't check up on me either. Yes, we are going through a pandemic and uprisings amongst personal struggles. It's barely the time to have high expectations of human relationships. Still, aware of my dispositions I take into account that I need help.

I had quite an unexpected weekend of adventure with my sister and neighbors. I took my advice and put myself out there, mask and all. I tried to get out of my head and experience the moment. Back to the real world, there's a knot in my stomach and I'm suffering from headaches. I'm actually a decent human being. With growth and constant unpacking of the baggage, I'm empathetic, I try to avoid being neurotic and I seek the higher self. But when you are the only one on a personal journey of growth in your space and circles, some may take advantage of that. Others with narcissistic tendencies believe that you are feeding into their energy, hence 'ill-treating' you. I will light-heartedly say this, the reason that you are not in some ditch in a remote place is the fact that we are works in progress. Yabona!  And then smiles.

On the real though, assumptions make an ass of you. In the same paragraph maybe some of you need to check yourselves. Again as I heal, and work towards being a secure type, I do protect my space. That means social distancing my being from toxic individuals and triggers. There will be a time where flight isn't the best course of action. We will have to face every demon and deal with them. It might get ugly, but we only become victors after overcoming....not running. 

Hello team we are a work in progress. How has your journey been? I decided to share a few pearls of wisdom. These will help with gauging our progress. It helps to have measurable achievements, or changes. You know like how we react to triggers, how we are open to relationships and how we love ourselves. So let's talk about our healing process.

1.

You are in a
position to control the emotions that affect your reactions.

2. You are able to let people, or your partner about your triggers. Being able to communicate how you feel and the thoughts that go through your mind, prevents assumptions.

3. Self perception is more positive as you detach yourself from negative notions.

4. It's okay to not be okay, and perfection isn't a deal breaker.

5. People learn to respect the boundaries that you set.

6. Empathy is second nature to you.

7. Forgive and forget is your life mantra.

8. You know who you are.

So we are a peaceful kind, empathetic, open minded and patient. But let's remember that we are not door mats. We aren't accepting toxic behaviours from external forces to treat who are becoming as dumb. 

Here's to healing, growth and maturity!

 

P.S.: Always write your own love story!

Ciao!

Lady E

 

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

That's Not My Portion

A man  needs to take responsibility of his own healing and growth... We all have different love stories that we are writing. There is no formula of how we fall in love or love. At times we can’t help whom we fall for although we can choose whether or not to love them. For healthy relationships, we look for a partner who brings out the best in us. A person who is patient with our flaws but doesn’t allow us to get away with bullshit behaviour. We demand and give respect to partners who love themselves enough to show how they will be treated and loved. In turn we take notes from Eleanor “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” There is room for growth in visions and maturity in character. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt” If we have an understanding of ‘love’ why is it that we shortchange ourselves? I decided to end a ‘relationship’ because it didn’t look or feel like a ‘relationship’. It was more of me being ...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...

Script My Life: Grown-ish Season 2 Episode 18

I choose ME! We watch and I write; correlating fictional characters with reasonably realistic plot lines to our lives. Script my life! I chose not to review a whole season of a series, neither a film this week. I was struggling to write an authentic story about something that spoke to me through visual consumption. And then I felt emotions erupt as I watched the latest episode of Grown-ish. While I sometimes relate to the protagonist, Zoey Johnson, she annoys me more as I watch this second season. I must forgive her because she's a spoilt 19 year old who is yet to learn the realities of growing up. But she does these really annoying things like being judgemental and being up in people's business. I do love Nomi, Sky (Halle Bailey) and Doug (Diggy Simmons) though. Their characters have so much to offer to the show and audience. In this week's episode titled, 'Nice for What', the young women of the coming-of-age sitcom had to make hard relationship choice...