Skip to main content

Wayment....You Wanna What?

My gosh! In the week that my ovaries are screaming baby, I almost caught a nasty case of 'F*ckboy'...

Black Couple


A.k.a he didn't earn this nookie! Bonjour my single ladies (Beyoncé wave). It's been a minute, hasn't it? Well, your girl is still trying to adjust to the 'new normal'. And well, I have been hitting brick walls with this writing thing. But I guess I was slightly amused so I have something to write about.

Science has proven that when a woman is ovulating, she makes her most poor choices. She often copulates with alpha males, or the non-committal type for procreation. Not my handwriting. During my ovulation period, I came across a rather attractive young man. We know each other from circles. I complimented him on what I discovered as a new shared passion. Let's call this youngin' 'LaTrey'. So I have kinda liked LaTrey but it's not something I literally took into account. Look, he's been in a relationship, which was Instagram official. If I'm not mistaken, he proposed to his love interest and even created a shared page. But LaTrey hasn't posted bae in a while.... Je ne sais pas! 

Anyway, LaTrey offered a proposition that my ovaries couldn't refuse. He sounded good, I liked what I saw, but then I thought. LaTrey is borderline fuckboy....the streets have whispered in my ear and written on my typewriter. I respect what he does in his lane but with loin integrity, that's not his department... like most creatives, I guess. Part of me liked what I heard and would have gone with the flow. The larger part of me being led by logic (thanks to the kouncil) had a long conversation with myself.

As Amanda Seales put it, grown women don't make mistakes, we make choices. I have highlighted in almost every post that we are to take responsibility for the demise of any failed relationships. We need to be objective in our participation in our own heartbreaks. So as a grown-ass woman who seeks to be zen, there's no way I'm planning to mess up my chakras. 

And then this gentleman who has been pursuing me also delivered his proposition. He's very reliable, consistent in communication, and even shows provision. He's good to look at and maturity is a plus. But does he deserve to dip his hand in the cookie jar? Nah! He's riding on that 'I like you but I'm not yet ready' ship. I want a relationship, not a situation...ship! But I keep him because he's decent. 

Here's the story: our loins have a mind of their own. And if we aren't careful, we will definitely get entangled in between the sheets...and feelings. Self-control is hard, but we have to decide what we want to be. Actually, what mode are we in? Are we in whore mode or wifey mode? Whore mode is when you don't have a 'vagenda'. You are cool with a no-strings attached kind of situation with the person, or people that you have sex with. Wifey mode explains itself. You want to be intentional about who you are with. You want a relationship. 

I'm in wifey mode. So after much consideration, I declined LaTrey's proposition. He's cute, he could get it, but he doesn't deserve it. He told me that he's been checking me out. He likes me. Erm, I don't really believe his sincerity. He wants to fuck, that makes sense. He's probably attracted to me, yes. But like me enough for wifey, nah. He took shortcuts, and he's definitely got fuckboy vibes. I have zero tolerance for that type of energy. I'm about that level up à la Ciara!

As for the other guy, I shut it down completely. He pleaded and even pouted but he hasn't earned it. 

I value my zen state and protecting my emotions. My therapist will be so proud of me with the self-restraint. Bravo! 

I have come a long way...

Can I please get an Amen!

P.S.: Always write your own love story!

Ciao!

Lady E


Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Solo

Be the person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with. Porque eres el único cuerpo con el que estás atrapado para siempre ! With that said, it's good to have our feet back on solid ground. I can't wait for the  next trip ! Now ladies, we are dressing up for not just one, but several dates. Through our journey to  becoming , we are all about self-introspection and self-love. We are going on a solo date where we assess if we enjoy our own company, embrace our flaws, and seek to be better versions of ourselves.  Single ladies, bring your A-game with the wardrobe, face, body and most importantly, personality because we are putting our best foot forward. Put on your favourite outfit because we're going on a couple of dates with ourselves! Gentlemen, y'all invited to observe. A nous allez!  Date #1: Restaurant  I'm wearing a midi, nude pink, chiffon dress. I'm pairing the outfit with gold jewellery, and rose gold heels. I made a reservation at my favourite ...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...

Sing My Life: Top 10 Disney Songs

Disney has etched some of the best songs that create a magical world, and even life! For as long as this blog has existed, my readers know that I love Disney movies, and the soundtracks. Despite following the original less fluffed up versions of all our Disney faves, I'm spellbound by the magic.  Today prepare your vocal pipes, wear your crowns and hold on tight. Our script my life is musical; we're going to sing my life. Let's be light and fun today! Here's my top 10 Disney songs. 1. Beauty and the Beast 'Certain as the sun, rising in the east, tears as old as time, song as old as rhyme, Beauty and the Beast.' Whether it's Mrs Potts or the iconic Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson, the title track makes me all warm inside. It's the melody, the lyrics and the moment within the classic animation that make this one of the best Disney songs. Sing my life: Beauty lies beneath the ugly 2. A Whole New World The whole magic carpet ride is exhilarating even if you don...

Good Guy Isn't Always Mr. Right

Mr. Right isn't perfect, but he makes the relationship worth it. Bonjour mes amies! Comment allez-vous? What's the French phrase for, "I'm decent?" You will let me know as we progress. How have been your dates? I now need deposits into my PayPal account because your girl is pre-rich ...and hungry! Laughs hard. But no cap, I am hungry. I'm wishing that someone's Italian mother, aunt or grandma would just invite me for meals - breakfast, lunch, dinner, and gelato, and say to me, " Mangia, mangia !" So, my single ladies, as we continue to do the inner work, whilst making preparations to meet the King like Esther (from the Bible), let's get into class. We want to unlearn a certain batch of bachelors. Since the inception of this series, we have weighed in the pros and cons of the different suitors-to-be. Let's recap: the widower, divorcee, single dad, younger guy, foreigner, and player. I have shared my experiences with most, if not all, the...