Skip to main content

Crazy Thoughts Penned Down

So, I stalked him and read his writings...



I'm intrigued! Now don't judge me...I think having so much free time on social media led me to curious lane. You know like that Ne-Yo, "I just wonder, do you ever...", but I'm not wondering about being an afterthought. But I won't lie, with good editing, grammar corrections, some of the 'blogs' are insightful. Well done! 👏

On the other hand, one of my guy friends wants to gift me with dildo. And he's straight! Should I be reading in between the lines? But then again, we aren't friends like that. But this then challenges the whole celibacy thing that I'm on. Like isn't masturbation a form of sex? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of remaining chaste? But bless him, I won't say no, when I receive the gift.

And then my work is like scrambled eggs...mixed and all over the place. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm kind of OCD about organisation. To be honest, I get anxious about planning anything major. But I have to organise myself when I'm not being constantly monitored. There's less pressure, and room to plan what fits where in my life. Top of my list, a launch event, book release, a tour and generating income off my skills.

I chose not to try to be deep in this blog. I am not going to bombard you with facts or philosophies. Let's just have a chat about losing a few marbles due to confinement.

I love watching horror movies and thrillers. I'm so annoyed with myself on why I didn't stack up my collection of adrenaline pushing flicks for this period. I'm so behind my movie watching it's sad. What was even sad was how frustrating 'Annabelle Comes Home'. Like, I felt like smacking the curious teenager who unleashed evil in the Warrens' home more than being scared. I was so disappointed by this film. From 'The Conjuring' franchise, this movie takes an 'L'. 'The Nun' takes the cake for the scares, considering that the 'nun' was in 'The Conjuring 2', and apparently the name is sacred. My friends and I researched and found that mentioning the 'demons' name will let lose freaky stuff from the pits of hell. I'm black, I don't play with conjuring things that I don't know.

And then I watched 'The Intruder'. I'm so glad that we are beginning to move away from black stereotype movies. Although, we recycle the same famous black actors, I love how we are breaking into the thriller/suspense genre. I already love how Jordan Peele has explored horror and done well. What I love about the black thriller films is that we see successful, people of colour living the 'American dream' (je ne comprends pas). So far there's 'When the Bough Breaks', 'The Perfect Man', 'Breaking In' and 'No Good Deed' to name but a few. I understand that Megan Goode's character, Annie's clueless nature was meant to make the plot interesting, but what the hell? I was frustrated at how she didn't take hid of her husband's warnings. Even without baby blue eyes Michael Ealy's character, chills would go down my spine by Charlie's behaviour. If you sold us the house, degagé! (Get lost) Sorry guys, spoiler alert! And I realised that I still like white chocolate too! Joseph Sikora (Tommy Eagan in Power), is yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy....

I actually love Justin Bieber's 'Changes' album. He's actually good at the modern R&B, but he's no Jon B. Tbh, they don't make R&B like they used to....just reminded me to create that playlist. I still haven't checked out The Weeknd's new album, 'After Hours'. From reviews, it's a trip...like being high, trip, so I will absolutely love it! The thing with The Weeknd's music there's a certain level of brokenness you should be or have experienced to get it. He's an amazing vocalist hands down, and I absolutely love how he experiments sonically. Oh yeah, love Party Nextdoor's, 'Party Mobile', but not to crazy about the Rihanna feature. Still, Riri, can we please get some new music?

Gosh, I'm actually watching 'Pretty Little Liars', again. Looking at it, stupid show! I can't fathom why these girls cared so much about a 'mean girl'. She was a monster to say the least. Why were twenty somethings Janel Parrish and Shay Mitchell playing teens? I won't even get to Bianca Lawson  who was in her thirties...respect to black that don't crack! I do miss 'Gossip Girl', now that was a great teen TV series. I loved me some Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf!

My eyebrow is still swollen from the fall. The wound has healed but it still throbs, I'm not sure if I can thread my eyebrow. I can't sleep on my left side, which is my favourite position. Anybody been in that position of being in pain and unable to sleep comfortably? You can relate.

Yes, we are just having a conversation about pretty much nothing. After this blog, I need to get back to reading. That will definitely calm my overactive mind.

Plus, we find inspiration for the next blog.

Remember to wash your hands with soap under running water. Stay safe, and stay at home.

P.S. : Always write your own love story!

Ciao!

Lady E

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

That's Not My Portion

A man  needs to take responsibility of his own healing and growth... We all have different love stories that we are writing. There is no formula of how we fall in love or love. At times we can’t help whom we fall for although we can choose whether or not to love them. For healthy relationships, we look for a partner who brings out the best in us. A person who is patient with our flaws but doesn’t allow us to get away with bullshit behaviour. We demand and give respect to partners who love themselves enough to show how they will be treated and loved. In turn we take notes from Eleanor “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” There is room for growth in visions and maturity in character. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt” If we have an understanding of ‘love’ why is it that we shortchange ourselves? I decided to end a ‘relationship’ because it didn’t look or feel like a ‘relationship’. It was more of me being ...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...

Auld Lang Syne ... Maybe Not All the Time

Sometimes the end is a new beginning!  It's a new year! To be more precise, the year of our Lord two thousand and twenty-two. According to the Hebrew calendar the year is 5782.  The crossover into 2022 was particularly dull due to the curfew. When we say that the pandemic is a buzzkill, the sentiment is real. As a staunch believer in the saying, "How you leave is how you enter," I often enjoy spending my time in church. The service prior to the countdown often invigorates my faith. Praying and seeding on the first day of the 365 or 366 is comforting. Unfortunately, the authorities ensured that the gathering of the saints wouldn't happen on their watch. We had to sit and watch the livestream from home. As the new year came, I started to think of the song synonymous with the new year. Auld Lang Syne. Based on the 18th century Scottish song, the words read: Should Old Acquaintance be forgot, and never thought upon; The flames of Love extinguished, and fully past a...