Skip to main content

Issue Of Trust

Life isn't science that's why there are no formulas...







Yet we expect everyone to go through life like the copies of the same textbook.

It's easy to condemn someone for not having their act together. Often when you expect very little from specific individuals, you persecute them. As I write this blog, there are thousands of people going through tough times and bound in silence. Someone right now just lost their job, another person is now homeless with an overdue rent debt. Schools are about to open and coming up with school fees is proving to be an immense challenge.

I've been open about my current life situation - it's been hard. I remember bumping into a former colleague in a supermarket. We had a brief catch up a session; she was doing well; I wasn't. With pain in my voice, I mentioned that it's been hard, not to mention that I looked like crap. But I don't think she cared, we were never friends like that. But today I reached out to one of my close friends.

I knew that I had to break the ice and speak to someone before I lost it. With a tearful voice, I sent him a voice note. I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. Like the good friend he is, he reassured his position in my life, as my friend. I needed a friend, I needed somebody that I could trust. There's a saying that goes like this, "Of the people that you share your problems with, 60% won't care, 40% will laugh at you and 10% will listen.".

I often find it difficult to open up about my personal struggles. I trust very few people - actually they are the fingers on one hand. A lot happened in my lifetime to get to this point. I previously shared my difficulties with female relationships. This stems down to relationships with female relatives and losing my mother. My father, grandfathers, uncles, and many male cousins have always been my support system. Rarely judging, offering sound advice, and always being my cheerleaders, they contribute to the woman that I am. Yet, I walk around with a weight on my shoulder and sorrow in my soul.

When I reached out to my friend, I knew that I was stepping out of my comfort zone. That zone is of paranoia and distrust. Even as a person of faith, one can find themselves in

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. The oldest and strongest fear of mankind is the fear of the unknown. HP Lovecraft

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. The oldest and strongest fear of mankind is the fear of the unknown. HP Lovecraft


P.S.: Always write your own love story!

Ciao! 

Lady E


Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...

Are You Miss Bare Minimum?

You are worth the ICE! Intention. Commitment. Effort. Y'all, this is my proof of life. It's been a minute. It's been a tumultuous season, and I guess that I'm not the only one. I am glad though, that I am here to pour out and into you. You've always understood me. And then P!nk's 'Mizunderstood' becomes a backtrack to this conversation. But that's a conversation for another day. A nous allez! Bonjour, bonjour mes amies! Comment allez-vous? I'm taking it one day at a time. Picture this: you’re on a date, and instead of engaging in conversation, your date is glued to his phone, replying to texts that are definitely not from you. Or maybe he’s the ‘textationship’ king, flooding your screen with emojis but never making time for an actual face-to-face meeting. Now this is a good one, he's the convenience pro who gets to see you and spend time with you within his vicinity, and not outside his capacity. Now what do we call that *taps head thinking*...

Solo

Be the person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with. Porque eres el único cuerpo con el que estás atrapado para siempre ! With that said, it's good to have our feet back on solid ground. I can't wait for the  next trip ! Now ladies, we are dressing up for not just one, but several dates. Through our journey to  becoming , we are all about self-introspection and self-love. We are going on a solo date where we assess if we enjoy our own company, embrace our flaws, and seek to be better versions of ourselves.  Single ladies, bring your A-game with the wardrobe, face, body and most importantly, personality because we are putting our best foot forward. Put on your favourite outfit because we're going on a couple of dates with ourselves! Gentlemen, y'all invited to observe. A nous allez!  Date #1: Restaurant  I'm wearing a midi, nude pink, chiffon dress. I'm pairing the outfit with gold jewellery, and rose gold heels. I made a reservation at my favourite ...

The Red Season: Breadcrumbs of Love

No matter how broken you are, a meal of love is what you need. For the first time in a long time, I will admit on this platform, I will admit that I cried. I felt humiliated and hurt. Mariah Carey's "Cry" is playing in my head. I keep asking myself why am I this person? Why do I keep scraping for crumbs of love? Am I not enough? And following a recent disappointment, I reverted to a quote that I saw on a certain blog. "You could have the best intentions, you could have the most sincere feelings, and you could be a good woman and you still wouldn't be able to keep a man because the only way to keep a man is if that man wants to be kept by you,"  Sipho Mbhele. "You could have the best intentions, you could have the most sincere feelings, and you could be a good woman and you still wouldn't be able to keep a man because the only way to keep a man is if that man wants to be kept by you,"  Sipho Mbhele. Gosh, I'm tired of this circus. The fact...