Skip to main content

Womb Politics and Vaginal Governance

Can my reproductive system just catch a break!


Expecting couple


Batho! Bothata ba hau ke bofe! Hello single ladies, how are you? I'm fine and making slow progress. It's still progress!

Gather around quickly with your glasses of wine. My gosh, please allow me to be slightly dramatic! There's no drama though. I just thought that I should be dramatic (a little bit).

My young co-workers decided to discuss my uterus functions this morning. The conversation started like this, "When are you giving your daughter another sibling?" I was taken aback by this question. I responded, "When I have a husband." I added that if it happened within the next two years.

Can my reproductive system just catch a break!

My other co-worker stated that that's too far. She said, "Don't you have a boyfriend or someone who could just give you a baby?" OMG! That's all I could say. These young ladies were literally dictating what I should do with my womb.

I did then say that I have one 'man' with whom I would have a child. Genesis! I pointed out his flattering qualities as well as the fact that he has great genes. About ten years ago, I made a promise to myself that if I didn't find a husband, I would request for Genesis to sire my next child. I've never had this conversation with him. I'm not too sure about his reaction if he ever knew about this 'plot'.

And no, I didn't imagine us together. While he's on my 'ideals' list, I've outgrown him. It's been like what 16, 17 years since we left high school. Clearly, my taste (even at it's poorest) shows that Genesis and I are in different spheres. He's only ideal on paper and by the virtue that I have never vilified him. Perceptions assist in perfection.

Still, he has great genes! He is a beautiful specimen of a black man. I wouldn't mind my next offspring inheriting his facial features, good skin, and height. Plus his ancestors seem to be kind to him - he doesn't seem to fall under any sort of curse. You know those familiar spirits of poverty, destruction, and general bad luck. Genesis is successful in his field, he is outgoing and very likable. 

So with a portfolio like that why haven't I procreated with this fine male specimen? We go back to the fact that I hate my womb being dictated to. Plus I don't want any more children. Mainly due to the fact that I believe that children belong within the institution of a union. Marriage! This union incorporates an agreed premise of stability, unity, and legacy. I am not for baby mama culture. I also don't subscribe to having a flock of children out of wedlock. 

My young coworkers are still young. They are in the ideal phase. They dream of having many babies with that ideal man. And that's where they are coming from for me. They say that they love how I talk about my daughter. I speak with pride, and every time that I'm doing something for my child, they are moved. They just believe that I should have another child. The other lady is obsessed with twins. I offer a side-eye, because I'm not 'team-up-all-night-with-twins'. One baby at a time is enough. Again, if and when I decide to be broody, I will take my first and only choice - Genesis to sire my next offspring. Most of me hope that it doesn't have to get to that. 

I still have two years, let's wait and see...

Don't be seduced by the idea of things versus the reality of it...

...always pick reality....it's more sustainable!

Don't be seduced by the idea of things versus the reality of it.


Until the next time...

...click those heels, keep those nails on fleek, and those baby hairs sleek!

A prochaine fois...

P.S.: Always write your own love story!

Ciao!

Lady E


Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Baa baa Black Sheep

‘Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full One for the master, One for the dame, One for the little boy who lives down the lane.”-Baa baa Black Sheep, Nursery Rhyme Oh how I loved nursery school! Learning was so much fun and colourful as the teachers taught using music, visuals and lots of play and let’s not forget nap time! Gosh! (I stare into a blank space with so much nostalgia). Hmm, question! Is there more to life than trying to constantly fit into other people’s moulds? Are my imperfections so great that those around are blinded to the planks to the planks in their own eyes? Or maybe I am just not appropriately in the right place? At one point or another, we all have faced identity issues, or have suffered from the ‘I don’t fit in’ syndrome. The worst time is the puberty-adolescent period. As an individual, one tries to live up to expectations from parents, teachers, peers and society at large. During that same period, an ...

MPV.....my point of view!

Don't take anything personal because it's my point of view! But if you can relate, let's have this conversation. I began my journey with my point of view last year,however to give you a feel of my writing you can follow my facebook timeline for Elspeth Chimedza (my birth name). All my blogs are posts titled MPV....my point of view! The topics are: Single ladies        Coyote Ugly                                           Serendipity                                                               The Great expectations Script My life:Love Jones The Promise:When I Say I do! Stripped Single Ladies Part2 Swagger Like My Daddy Rated R Make It Work It's not you....maybe it's me Girl Power Stupid In l...

But Why Wait?

When you find what you are looking for, why wait?  She finally made it! Congratulations to the now Mrs Jennifer Affleck.  Jenny from the block is officially Mrs. Jennifer Lynn Affleck. It's official, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are married. According to news reports, the couple tied the knot on Saturday, during an "intimate ceremony in Las Vegas." This actually comes as a surprise because nothing is ever small, or intimate with J lo. For as long as we have known the Bronx native, she goes all out. We expected that her wedding would be as extravagant as her 'Marry Me' character.  Clearly she didn't want to jinx her second chance. The Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez a.k.a Bennifer's love story began 20 years ago. The couple initially met in December 2001 on the set of the rom-com "Gigli," where they played criminals stuck on a job together. Not long after that they started dating. By November 2002, the two were engaged, but postponed their weddin...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...