Skip to main content

Dirty Laundry Diaries: Wet my bread

Sometimes the unexpected happens with just a touch!
 
 
Couple in embrace

 
I never get enough of season three of ‘2 Broke Girls’ mostly because the plot line seems to focus more on my favourite character ‘Max’. I believe that Max has the most if not, the best punch lines out of the whole cast although my younger sister thinks that Earl is the funniest, oh well!

With acknowledgement and at most over emphasis on my being single, I know you guys are sick of it but this is my point of view and that’s why you read it (sic!). For the past two years I have been drowned in my work with the clear obsession to first make a lot of money so that I can improve the products and services that my team and I have worked so hard to build. Secondly I just want to change my life, I want tangible evidence of self-improvement because I am almost 30 and there’s so much I need to catch up with especially education wise. I really want to go back to school and travel more because there’s a whole world to be explored and with my child I need to show her that world. 

Yes, I am a workaholic for the right reasons however I have also deprived myself of a social life and it’s pretty evident so you can imagine how excited I was to attend a certain festival this year.
I decided to use the work experience to ‘come alive’ and just let loose because the aura around the year and the country has been a very obscure and bleak one. I met a lot of people who I usually just like their posts and statuses on social media or read their chats on Whatsapp groups and it was pretty refreshing. Overall I did enjoy the experience, the music, the vibes, the laughs and reconnecting but that’s not the little stain on my linen. (Sipping something)

So back to ‘2 Broke Girls’, I was watching the episode when Max is now at pastry school and she’s partners with Dick and the pair enjoy a good ‘bromance’ where they sexualize pretty much everything that they learn including Chef Nicolas’ words. To be honest I absolutely admired Max and Dick’s friendship, although I personally have male friends whom I have a ‘bro’ relationship with (oh yes, I can be such a guy, I forget that I ovulate); but those two are ‘AWESOME’! So, while Caroline questioned the relationship between Dick and Max, Max was very satisfied that they were ‘bros’ talking about ‘Judy with the booty” (and the girl really has a grosse derriĆØre). This ‘bromance’ is all fun until Max felt something while Dick was wetting her bread. She then gets confused and tells Caroline of which Caroline advises Max to confront Dick and tell him how she feels. Whilst studying, Max fails to express her feelings but at the end of the episode Dick makes the move highlighting that he actually likes Max, which happens to be a mutual feeling.

The whole time that I was watching the episode I was like, Max girl, I know your predicament! I have been there maybe once or twice, actually more recently. My healing process is still in progress, so I tend to ‘fear’ liking someone. My friends always say that this is the 21st century and this isn’t high school, so I should be assertive enough to approach someone that I like and tell them that I am feelin’ them. You should see my facial expression as I type this, I get ‘mortified’. What in the hell? Who? Have you met me? Oh yes, I am confident, often opinionated and not afraid to speak my mind, but the PTSD of previous rejection won’t let me, I would rather bury my head in the sand. Besides it’s often complicated to confront feelings for a friend, although your ‘bro’ or friend is the best candidate for a mate because they know you-all of you, when you ugly cry, when you snore, when you say stupid things, or when you achieve your goals etc. 

So, the tea! I too like Max, felt a spark but it wasn’t in pastry school. There’s someone that I know and I have often teased that they are marriage material and we should just get married. Unlike Dick and Max, we are not ‘bros’ but we are amicable. Then this one day, this person just came out of nowhere, had their arms around me whilst holding my keypads as I played PS, lawd, I felt something. For almost a minute I was in a daze, what in the hell just happened? I then looked at them and I was confused. Yes, nice person, smart, building something for their future but, am I really attracted to this person? At least for all of you who were worried that I was still stuck on stupid, there is hope for me. I can actually ‘feel’, my heart’s not in an icebox and mentally I can realise qualities of a decent human being and somewhat ‘appreciate’ them.

No pun intended but my bread was wet but unlike Max, I choose not to overthink things and do not feel the need to confront ‘feelings’. I like that on my part, my healing is progressing, and I am in a certain space, a good one to add on. I do though, need to go out more to different places and meet more people, hold conversations, have more fun and who knows, pastry school might be closer than I think.

Sadly at end of season three, Max breaks up with Dick because Dick couldn’t live without his parents’ money and she didn’t want him to sacrifice his livelihood for her. Poor Max! At least she experienced something good in her life (even if it was short-lived), since she’s been plagued by the fear of not having or experiencing something good in her life.

Side note: I am watching ‘2 Broke Girls’ season five but I missed out on season four, anybody want to hook me up?

P.S.: Always write your own love story!

Ciao!


Lady E

Comments

Popular Posts

The Slow Burn

Stop trying to control everything and start experiencing the slow burn. Hello, single ladies! Comment Ƨa va mes amies? "Je suis bien!   Gather around; today we are having coffee and tea. I'll get my dose of caffeine as usual. I'm so inspired by the previous article. The inspiration came from the last few paragraphs, where I wrote about the slow burn. I remember the movie, "I Want You Back." The character Emma tells Peter that he's attractive, and she would date him, despite the fact that he is a slow burner. And then Kacey Musgraves' "Slow Burn" starts playing in my head. ("I'm alright with a slow burn"). As I decided to rewrite the scripts for my "love story," the last part challenged me. Do you remember what Kat Valdez said in "Marry Me"? If you want something different, you have to do something different. So, you make a different decision. I thought long and hard about that statement. I believe that I'm ...

Script My Life: Reality High

High school will always be tough no matter what era... Top be honest, I hated high school with a passion. Okay, most of high school, senior year was bearable. I went through serious teenage angst and it didn't help that I didn't fit in. I struggled with my identity because I grew up bourgie but lived in the ghetto, spoke with a twang and was an artist at heart. I loved pretty things but I preferred being comfortable. And that's why when I watched the Netflix original film, Reality High, I could relate. In high school, everyone wants to be cool and fit in. Starring Nesta Cooper and Keith Powers, the movie is about awkward yet high achieving senior Dani Barnes. Dani is focused on going to college and volunteers at the school's veterinary section. But Dani has an arch enemy not by choice. Enter Alexa Medina, the most popular girl in school who has a vlog. Alexa has a large following of nine million followers and is always moving around taking videos, and photos....

Single Ladies: Put A ‘V’ On It

“This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.”-V for Vendetta, 2005 I must say those are a lot of ‘V’s in one speech but for all those who have watched the very theatrical and eye opening movie (if you know where I am taking this), ‘V for Vendetta’, then this is actually a favourite quote for many from the flick. (Laughing) I remember a certain young man, who had a huge crush on me, throw those ‘bars’ on me, along with his witty humour and a lot of rather dark poetry but he was adorable. And cute! This one day I was sitting in the office, my mind wandering into the wilderness only to get me to the point of getting mad, I mean seething with anger. In a soliloquy I said, “How dare he? Who the hell does he think he i...

Are You Miss Bare Minimum?

You are worth the ICE! Intention. Commitment. Effort. Y'all, this is my proof of life. It's been a minute. It's been a tumultuous season, and I guess that I'm not the only one. I am glad though, that I am here to pour out and into you. You've always understood me. And then P!nk's 'Mizunderstood' becomes a backtrack to this conversation. But that's a conversation for another day. A nous allez! Bonjour, bonjour mes amies! Comment allez-vous? I'm taking it one day at a time. Picture this: you’re on a date, and instead of engaging in conversation, your date is glued to his phone, replying to texts that are definitely not from you. Or maybe he’s the ‘textationship’ king, flooding your screen with emojis but never making time for an actual face-to-face meeting. Now this is a good one, he's the convenience pro who gets to see you and spend time with you within his vicinity, and not outside his capacity. Now what do we call that *taps head thinking*...

Script My Life: Jane, Jane, Carrie!

Some stories are best watched as they play out... Ever watched a movie or TV series and relate to a character? How many parts of the plot line would you have loved to be part of your life? Filmmakers have managed to tap into our subconscious to draw emotions towards their films. There are certain characters that have become memorable with fans. We often quote them, use film analogies to explain real life and even play out the plot ourselves. Relating film to real life has become a common feature on this blog. We called it Script My Life, of which many of you are a fan of. To date the most viewed posts are the 'SML' for 'Madea's Family Reunion' and 'Why Did I Get Married?'. All I can say is thank you. We continue to bridge screenplays to our real lives today. Television series often bring various storylines in different genres. When I was young, I had an obsession with medical/hospital drama. Teen dramas became my thing during my early 20s. Remember...