Skip to main content

I Dreamt of Him ... Again!

I dreamt of him again, and this time he broke my heart...

I Dreamt of Him ... Again!


....AGAIN! How does one have AM dreams at 10.29 pm? And so vivid, that you experience the intense emotions. Hello single ladies, how have you been? Well, it's story time, and we need to gather around for this. Bring your wine glasses with you.

I would like to begin with the sequel of the dream as it happened. We will revert to the first dream that I never shared with you on this platform later on. I went to bed early due to being riled up from my 9 to 5. In what felt like the longest hours of sleep, I had a dream. It started off at night, in a crowded space, something like a carnival or festival - lots of music and dance. He takes me by the hand, and we walk up to the front. At that moment the fireworks come on. An air of excitement can be felt from the crowd as the fireworks colourfully light up the sky. I'm smiling in awe of watching the sky. He then looks at me, draws me in, and kisses me.

Let's just pause there, now that I'm conscious, I do admit, I need to steer clear of television shows. Between watching 'Bigger', repeats of 'Insecure' and 'The Bold Type', my imagination is running a bit wild. All that happened clearly is a scene from some rom-com right? I digress. Let's continue. The scenery changes, and he's apologizing (again) for being a total prick. I let him know that he and I are in a good place. I forgave him a long time ago. He asks to start all over and get reacquainted. He would like to go on a date with me, with the possibility of a courtship. I amicably decline this request. I highlight that despite being in a good place, I didn't foresee a present, or future with him. As friends, or more than that. I also stated that I didn't want my heart broken, again, by him. He persists in his offer, stating that this time it's different because we are different.

Change scene. We are on a cruise ship. We are dressed in all white, for those 'all-white' parties. He and I dance, and then he asks to meet with me somewhere else. I wait for him for a long time and start to feel cold. I decide to return to the deck where the party is. As I arrive, he pulls a stunt that completely humiliates me. He passes a hurtful comment stating that I remain a naive woman, who doesn't realize that he wants nothing to do with me. Those around him laugh, and he turns away. My heart dropped, tears welled up, and I woke up. I took my phone and checked the time. It was 22:29 hours. What in the hell?

I still felt pain in my chest, and I actually did shed a tear. What just happened? I lay in bed and played the Calm app so as to try to fall asleep again. I shared the dream with my older colleague on our way to work. She asked if I don't have unresolved emotions. Quoi, Moi?! Unresolved emotions? Maybe.

Some months ago, in the wee hours of the morning, I had a dream. He approached me and smiled at me. He asked me if we could talk, and I agreed. He apologized to me for hurting me, and how he handled the 'situation'. I calmly stated that if his apology clears his conscience, then it is well. I forgave him a long time ago, and am at peace. He then starts chatting with me. Strangely, he and I are both laughing, and seem to be enjoying each other's company. And then I woke up. 

Ladies, let's talk about limerence. According to Dictionary.com, Limerence [ li-mer-uhns ] is a noun. It is defined as the state of being obsessively infatuated with someone, usually accompanied by delusions of or a desire for an intense romantic relationship with that person. In the article 'Un Poco Loco', I did share that there's a thin line between obsession and getting over someone. Most of us do go through what Ne-yo sang, 'I just wonder, do you ever think of me?' moments. With that, there's the occasional browsing through their social media timeline or enquiry about their well-being through mutual friends. Am I guilty of the above-mentioned - yes? 

What's been on my mind of late? Honestly, money, and getting my life together. My 9 to 5 already preoccupies my mental space to the detriment of my mental health (most times). So where are we having these 'ideas' of 'him?' Sitting here and talking to you, there's a realization that maybe not all is resolved. Consciously I do say that I'm in a good space, but maybe subconsciously there's a need for 'closure.' I have been made aware that I tend to sweep things under the rug, and pretend to be alright about things. How many of us are guilty of that.

The question is, do we call this current position 'limerence', or something else? How do we know that we are over someone or the idea of them? At what stage do we cease to entertain the thoughts of a 'what could be? Honestly, I don't have the answers. What I can say is that we need to deal with the subconscious. It's sort of difficult, however from my observation, that's the only way to unpack those suitcases.

I'm just thinking the worst-case scenario, you are with your current person, and you blurt out that other person, or your ex's name. I'm literally hiding my face. Damn these dreams! Sigh! 

Oh well! I'm glad to have that off my chest. I believe that the biggest lesson is self-awareness, especially when it comes to matters of the heart. It's great to be logical, but it is human to be moved by emotion. Fear, tears, and even pain are part of the journey of healing. Just don't allow 'limerence' to keep you stuck when there are beautiful things in front of you and ahead of you.

A prochaine fois...

Keep on 'Becoming' that person who's not afraid to be vulnerable as they grow.

P.S.: Always write your own love story!

Ciao!

Lady E


Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Solo

Be the person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with. Porque eres el único cuerpo con el que estás atrapado para siempre ! With that said, it's good to have our feet back on solid ground. I can't wait for the  next trip ! Now ladies, we are dressing up for not just one, but several dates. Through our journey to  becoming , we are all about self-introspection and self-love. We are going on a solo date where we assess if we enjoy our own company, embrace our flaws, and seek to be better versions of ourselves.  Single ladies, bring your A-game with the wardrobe, face, body and most importantly, personality because we are putting our best foot forward. Put on your favourite outfit because we're going on a couple of dates with ourselves! Gentlemen, y'all invited to observe. A nous allez!  Date #1: Restaurant  I'm wearing a midi, nude pink, chiffon dress. I'm pairing the outfit with gold jewellery, and rose gold heels. I made a reservation at my favourite ...

Book Review: The Kings that Didn’t Need This Queen

Until you resolve your brokeness, you will continue to be broken. I am pretty stoked about sharing this month's read. As a writer, reading various forms of literature enriches the craft. Reading builds culture and reinforces application of lessons learnt. I also read books and blogs by fellow writers to support their work through commenting, and sharing. This is how we grow communities you see. Prior to offering a review of this month's book, I would like to share a brief history of the writer. I met this young woman, Nobuhle Nyoni at a birthday, and album listening party for producer and artist, Verseless. She was friendly and bubbly, we even shared a ride into town as we went home. That wouldn't be the last time that I would be in communication with her. Through the magazine that I am editor for, we made effort to push her event. Though I didn't manage to attend the event, I saw the potential of this young woman. In 2017, under the collective called Veryus ,...

But Why Wait?

When you find what you are looking for, why wait?  She finally made it! Congratulations to the now Mrs Jennifer Affleck.  Jenny from the block is officially Mrs. Jennifer Lynn Affleck. It's official, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are married. According to news reports, the couple tied the knot on Saturday, during an "intimate ceremony in Las Vegas." This actually comes as a surprise because nothing is ever small, or intimate with J lo. For as long as we have known the Bronx native, she goes all out. We expected that her wedding would be as extravagant as her 'Marry Me' character.  Clearly she didn't want to jinx her second chance. The Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez a.k.a Bennifer's love story began 20 years ago. The couple initially met in December 2001 on the set of the rom-com "Gigli," where they played criminals stuck on a job together. Not long after that they started dating. By November 2002, the two were engaged, but postponed their weddin...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...