Skip to main content

Getting Around

I'm not sure for how long I can fo this struggle life!

'Ya, huLady hwese hunopera wagara pakadoma!'. My daily dread of moving by public transport.I don't know what is worse,being stuck in a traffic jam in your own car,or being trampled by neanderthals at the bus terminus/rank?

And seriously this morning. I'm waving for transport, (dressed formally for work), and couldn't get transport.Hey,we are heading in the same direction,(the central business district), please give me a lift *annoyed*.

And at times I just daydream the days when my problem will not be trying to save five rand,but thinking I need to save my fuel.When I do not have to leave a venue early because there wont be transport at the rank,or the person who is driving no longer feels the vibe and wants to leave,(party pooper).Or when it is raining,being overcharged,so that I am not baptised by the heavenly showers.

Frankly I am getting tired of transport issues.In a country that prides itself on educated and civilised citizens,I am ashamed to say,I see non of that at the bus terminus.People forget their suits and ties,and become barbaric,literally shoving and pulling other people as they scramble to get into the combis.(We could actually select a national rugby team from these people).

I literally fear for my life,and my handbag,when it is about time to go home.I'm only relieved once I get into the combi and I am sitted in one peace,(no missing wallet,cellphone,earrings or limbs).Yes,it is that bad.

Worse still,the bus fares.Seriously?I am already being ripped off by my employer,(not being paid for months on end),and the conductor wants to take the last cent on me.Not forgetting that I have other responsibilities,and that greed for that whole dollar,just so I can get from point A to point B.*shaking my head*

It is high time,this transport nonsense was dealt with.I am not too bourgie to travel by public transport,but I should not have to go through hell.Having been to other countries,our transport system is awful,needless to say.

It is such a breeze to wait only,on maximum,five to ten minutes for a bus or underground train.If one is late,it is because they are late,not because of waiting for hours for transport.Whatever happened to the organised transport we had,once upon a time?*sigh*

So I guess I will continue to live my transport nightmare,until that car,(I so desire),is no longer a dream,but a reality.And then I begin to have a different nightmare.....traffic jams!

P.S: Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

Copyright [c] MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

We Aren't that Couple!

We are perfectly imperfect! Bonjour mes armies, comment ça va? Je vais trés bien merci!  Bring your glasses of your favourite poison and let's chat. We are drawing close to that time of the year. I wouldn't let us leave this profound year without a few lessons. It's story time.   It's taken time—actually, years—for he and I to come to this place. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, yet we find ourselves here. It's actually insane! But time does help with self-discovery. For me, the healing process has put things into perspective. I'm not yet there, but I'm becoming her, and he's willing to see me through it.  What I love about he and I is simply the fact that we aren't that couple. You know those who have to constantly update their Gram or WhatsApp status to validate the strength of their union? Before you come for me, it's "cute," and yes, you and your person should declare your affection for each other. I'm just from the sch...

Book Review: The Kings that Didn’t Need This Queen

Until you resolve your brokeness, you will continue to be broken. I am pretty stoked about sharing this month's read. As a writer, reading various forms of literature enriches the craft. Reading builds culture and reinforces application of lessons learnt. I also read books and blogs by fellow writers to support their work through commenting, and sharing. This is how we grow communities you see. Prior to offering a review of this month's book, I would like to share a brief history of the writer. I met this young woman, Nobuhle Nyoni at a birthday, and album listening party for producer and artist, Verseless. She was friendly and bubbly, we even shared a ride into town as we went home. That wouldn't be the last time that I would be in communication with her. Through the magazine that I am editor for, we made effort to push her event. Though I didn't manage to attend the event, I saw the potential of this young woman. In 2017, under the collective called Veryus ,...

But Why Wait?

When you find what you are looking for, why wait?  She finally made it! Congratulations to the now Mrs Jennifer Affleck.  Jenny from the block is officially Mrs. Jennifer Lynn Affleck. It's official, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are married. According to news reports, the couple tied the knot on Saturday, during an "intimate ceremony in Las Vegas." This actually comes as a surprise because nothing is ever small, or intimate with J lo. For as long as we have known the Bronx native, she goes all out. We expected that her wedding would be as extravagant as her 'Marry Me' character.  Clearly she didn't want to jinx her second chance. The Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez a.k.a Bennifer's love story began 20 years ago. The couple initially met in December 2001 on the set of the rom-com "Gigli," where they played criminals stuck on a job together. Not long after that they started dating. By November 2002, the two were engaged, but postponed their weddin...

5 Ways Your 30s Are Better Than the 20s

Talk thirty to me! Never ask a lady her age, they say. At a particular age, many refuse to share how old they really are. This year, so many people that I know turned 30. Even famous individuals such as Chris Brown and Misred joined the dirty thirty gang. From my thirty something self, I welcome you all. Your thirties are a whole different stage of life compared to your twenties and forthcoming forties. Though a tricky age to be, your 30s are a defining decade. They are a reflection of the rest of your life based on the map that you draw. Being thirty or plus something comes with an evolution to your being. You discover that you are no longer the same person you were at seventeen or twenty five. This means that entering into this decade you have a new point of view! Don't cry about turning older! These are the five reasons why your 30s are way much better than your 20s. 1. You know what you want How many of us couldn't wait to sing, "I've got the keys, ...

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w...