Skip to main content

Trends: Talent Shows

Ever watched a tv show,only to feel completely useless after that.Look at it this way,an 8 year old belts out ''i will always love you",or a 14 year old who can play seven musical instruments at one goal,or the plus size woman who can dance to any musical genre and does better splits than a cheerleader.Seriously???

I think that one of the most fascinating reality tv shows are the talent shows.Something's Got Talent,So You Think You Can Dance?,The Clash of The Choirs and The X-Factor,amongst other programmes.YEP.this world has got some talented people and it kind of sucks if you do not have even a centimetre of that talent.

I think the worst thing about these shows are the judges.Simon Cowell anyone?The meanest judge in tv history.I always wait to hear what Simon says about the individual auditioning before I comment on how talented that individual is.But yeas if an individual is good,they are really good.I was happy when Simon let Leona Lewis win in the first ever X-Factor,and when he took back Melanie Amarro in the fdirst season of X-Factor USA.(That girl can saaang).He does know talent when he sees,or should I say,hear it.

My question to y'all though is,what is your talent?What X-Factor do you possess?Moreso,what are you doing about it.Yes we have had a few talent shows on tv locally,(though nothing spectacular to my expectations),but we really have not tapped into the real talent that is around us.Again sometimes I blame,yes,blame our elders for not supporting talent.We are taught to go to school and get a job.("Zvemagitare hazvibhadhare!''.Well it would pay,if you put a little funding into it and supported it).

I think it is high time we took talents such as singing,dancing,acting,djying,production,comedy,seriously.People make millions out of their talents.That is why these reality tv shows on talent get so much viewership and contestants fight so hard to get that record deal.Yes,parents your children can take you out of poverty,or give you an early retirement.(Just ask Bieber's mum,or even Joe Jackson).

Education is good.It is a solid foundation for all of us.And an individual can be educated on their talent.Overseas there are dance academies,schools to learn to play instruments and even acting school.

YES,we have the X-Factor locally.It is time that we allowed it to shine.

I know my X-Factor.It is my point of view.

P.S:Always write your own love story.

Ciao!

Lady E

[c]Copyright MPV by Lady E All Rights Reserved 2013

Comments

Popular Posts

The Red Season: Breadcrumbs of Love

No matter how broken you are, a meal of love is what you need. For the first time in a long time, I will admit on this platform, I will admit that I cried. I felt humiliated and hurt. Mariah Carey's "Cry" is playing in my head. I keep asking myself why am I this person? Why do I keep scraping for crumbs of love? Am I not enough? And following a recent disappointment, I reverted to a quote that I saw on a certain blog. "You could have the best intentions, you could have the most sincere feelings, and you could be a good woman and you still wouldn't be able to keep a man because the only way to keep a man is if that man wants to be kept by you,"  Sipho Mbhele. "You could have the best intentions, you could have the most sincere feelings, and you could be a good woman and you still wouldn't be able to keep a man because the only way to keep a man is if that man wants to be kept by you,"  Sipho Mbhele. Gosh, I'm tired of this circus. The fact

5 Inexpensive Dates in a Bad Economy

If he's making the economy an excuse, swipe left.... A guy who makes too many excuses whilst pursuing you is not worth your time. He will make excuses for not making time for you. More so, for not taking you on a date. A real man makes a plan...all the time! Yes, the economy is atrocious...a complete nightmare! Does that mean that humanity stops? Y'all,  we have procreation to continue until the end of time. A season of a recession, shouldn't hinder dates, relationships and the whole nine yards that come with that package. Couples over centuries overcame obstacles such as family feuds, classism, racism, tribalism, religious differences etc. They all found a way around those challenges. Any guy who uses 'in this economy' as an excuse is dropped like a pin. Honestly, such an individual lacks ambition and creativity. I want the flowers, chocolate, and the date. Otherwise...skrrr! You will have to show innovation in your pursuit. If you can't be strategic w

The Writings On The Wall

Thou shall move onto the next! And then 'If You Leave' by Destiny's Child and Next starts to play. Gosh, 'The Writings on the Wall' remains my favourite Destiny's Child album, ever. The concept of the '10 commandments' of relationships. Brilliant!  Bonjour, mes amies! Comment ça va? Ça va bien! (Caribbean accent) Your gyal ,  moi , has been experiencing epiphanies. And a few disappointments, but life is too sweet to be upset. Lick your ice cream and have sweet red wine! I travelled through the blogosphere for inspiration for our topic today. Ironically, I also had a discussion with an acquaintance about a similar topic. There's nothing that I love more than people who brag about their intelligence. Oh, my! People pride themselves on their levels of education, often equating it to intelligence. We assess our value based on having degrees, master's degrees, and doctorates. If only those worked in relationships. I think of David Robson's 'W

Chocolate!

Oogling and drooling as I lust after the delicious,yummy chocolate abs of...gush...Trey Songz in a music video. My male friends look at me as if I'm some perverted male...maybe I am. Sadly as a woman such men are just a mirage in a desert full of pot bellied men.Yes,I said it!I believe I speak on behalf of my sisters,who have been termed 'overambitious',and having high standards in the looks department.We would love to see more abs and less flab. Why our brothers keep mount Everests of flesh I fail to understand.Worse still,men boobs that could hold shares in a dairy company. Who would blame me.I become a pervert because Usher's six-pack makes me want to eat of it,or I'm actually envious of Generations' Queen Moroka having 'Muscle man' Lungile,hold her in his arms.Yes,guilty as charged! What my brothers should understand is most women already have stuffed toys,a new addition in the form of a man is not adorable.A little working out w

Dirty Laundry Diaries: Hurts Like a Mother F***er

My humanity will let me hurt as much as I can and be unapologetic for it… I never thought that I would find myself at this place again. Over the past few years, I learnt the word ‘No’ and embraced my power to reject mediocrity. Be it work, life and even romantic relationships. Sigh! I recently found myself breaking almost every rule of every self-help book that I’ve read. Reading is supposed to empower you with knowledge and also help you with making better life choices! Anyway, I recently had to break it off with some guy because of ‘incorrect assumptions’, when will I ever learn? "In my own rule book,   CONSISTENCY is very important." In my own rule book, CONSISTENCY is very important. The moment that there is lack of consistency during the dating period or in a relationship it’s, “Off with his head” (In the voice of the queen of hearts). Sic! But what started off well, ended up like the familiar script that I have writing about for a long time. As Whitney